• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
hi friends. i gave my entry test's this year i.e. 2012 and i thought maybe my experience will help you guys getting into a good uni. i gave entry test of six uni's and the details are following
1- LUMS
got into lums in SHSSL but had to let go of this golden opportunity because i wasn't given financial aid:cry: . the admissions opened in late November 2011 and closed in mid January. the test was held in mid-February. the test was SAT-1 and SAT-2 type. in fact, i found test easy. SSE is quite hard to get in but test isnt that difficult.

2- NUST
got into for BS-maths (merit 908). but again had to let go of this offer because i hate maths and was more interested in doing engineering. got rejected for engineering by nust because my merit was in 7000's. merit till 2500 are easily accepted in engineering courses. admissions opened in early april and closed in mid-may, test was held in july. test was a bit hard because it was from fsc. fsc-maths is beyond my understanding:p,just joking, i never got time to prepare for entry test properly due to so many unexpected events.

3- GIKI
got rejected(n) as my merit was in 3000's. merit till 2000's can easily get into giki. test was normal, had lots of tricky questions of maths.( u have to prepare fsc-maths and english, physics questions were easy) admission opened in early may and closed in mid-june. test was held in early july.

4- FAST
admission opened in early june and closed in late june. test held in first week of july. the test was computer based. got into BS-CS in peshawar campus, had to turn down this offer too as i was more interested in staying in lahore. hostel life isnt easy:whistle:

5- International Islamic University Islamabad
admissions started in early june and closed in last week of june. test was easy (very very easy). got into for BS-SE. went there and studied for three weeks and realised that it wasnt a good uni and i had hard time adjusting to hostel life.:( i was quite disappointed with the uni's administration and facult, so i returned back to lahore.

6- UMT ( University of Management and Technology): dnt confuse it with UET ;) after my return frm ISL, i took umt's admission test which was again quite easy, got in for BS-SE. currently studying there. the faculty and the administration is quite talented and friendly. extremely happy here. "parhai hee parhai hai idhar":(

well my story is much more similar to your's lol :p.got rejected from NUST and GIKI :p Well at last got into IBA :)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Jahangirs success series ECAT book is good for preparing Nust and GIK's entry tests? And can you recommend any specific mcq book that is best in your opinion for preparing for entry tests.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Jahangirs success series ECAT book is good for preparing Nust and GIK's entry tests? And can you recommend any specific mcq book that is best in your opinion for preparing for entry tests.
Jahangir's series are quite good, but u need to have ample time to go through them. they are a bit detailed, so buy them and start now! :)
u can prepare the mcq's frm the same book

Reaction score
Jahangir's series are quite good, but u need to have ample time to go through them. they are a bit detailed, so buy them and start now! :)

I already have it and completed part 1 of fsc mcqs but was finding the mcqs pretty easy so wanted to confirm if this book is right for preparing entry tests. Thanks for telling, now i can study in peace. :)

Reaction score
I already have it and completed part 1 of fsc mcqs but was finding the mcqs pretty easy so wanted to confirm if this book is right for preparing entry tests. Thanks for telling, now i can study in peace. :)
they are good, search for the sample papers on net too and practice from there too :)

Reaction score
Hey tayyba how about Dougar Publications?

Reaction score
Hey tayyba how about Dougar Publications?
i am nt sure,but wt I think is that both books contain almost the same material, go for these types of series of FSC's preparation and for entry test, dnt forget the sample papers

Reaction score
I want to apply for NUST in Architecture but I don't know here to prepare the drawing test from. Any place you have in mind ?

Reaction score
Best preparation technique for the Alevels pupils? any suggestions?> are academies good enough ? and books etc ......some saying the dougars or jahengirs or any else are helpful ? where can we find them and how to prepare from them? keeping in mind that I and some others pupils dont have 1-2 months ..... its just a matter of 25-29 days in which complete prep is to be done :\ :\

Tayyba

Reaction score
Best preparation technique for the Alevels pupils? any suggestions?> are academies good enough ? and books etc ......some saying the dougars or jahengirs or any else are helpful ? where can we find them and how to prepare from them? keeping in mind that I and some others pupils dont have 1-2 months ..... its just a matter of 25-29 days in which complete prep is to be done :\ :\

Tayyba

Reaction score
n
I want to apply for NUST in Architecture but I don't know here to prepare the drawing test from. Any place you have in mind ?
now this is from a friend of mine who gave the that test "you can improve your basic drawing skills by practicing more. And according to my experience, you probably just need those basic skills for the entry test. You should know how to draw stuff in 3-D, shading and all. For example when I gave the test for SADA last year, they gave us a paper and the related question said we had to fold it any way we liked and draw it. So the questions are really simple and you have to decide how to attempt them. You probably don't need to attend an institute just for the sake of this test (unless your drawing skills are really terrible)."
btw where are u from? she might come up with the names of preparatory institutes

Reaction score

Tayyba

not so sure about the academies, I think they are a waste of time but it depends on how much help u need. I have no experience regarding this but my friends went to one such famous academy, and they hated it there :rolleyes: if u want to be in a constant practice or u want "dil ki tasali" and do join. :) buy FSC books too, go for any ECAT book. they are easily available in the market. do a chapter frm FSC book and then do the same topic frm Ecat book (I knw its annoyingly lengthy o_O ) don't forget the SAMPLE PAPERS! they help a lot, one month is enough, just put it in all of ur energy and time, these days are gonna decide ur future ;)

Reaction score
not so sure about the academies, I think they are a waste of time but it depends on how much help u need. I have no experience regarding this but my friends went to one such famous academy, and they hated it there :rolleyes: if u want to be in a constant practice or u want "dil ki tasali" and do join. :) buy FSC books too, go for any ECAT book. they are easily available in the market. do a chapter frm FSC book and then do the same topic frm Ecat book (I knw its annoyingly lengthy o_O ) don't forget the SAMPLE PAPERS! they help a lot, one month is enough, just put it in all of ur energy and time, these days are gonna decide ur future ;)

thank you and the syallbus for NUST,GIKI,UET etc is same or bit different ?

Reaction score
the paper patterns are a bit different but they follow the same syllabus:)

thank you and if i cant get the dougars or jahengirs book ..... any ECAT book will do ?

so i should start reading and doing practise questions from them?

thanks again

Reaction score
thank you and if i cant get the dougars or jahengirs book ..... any ECAT book will do ?

so i should start reading and doing practise questions from them?

thanks again
go for any ECAT book , just read them and DO exercises from them..it would help u a lot :)