• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
it is both,with paper carrying more weightage of maths,chemistry and physics subjects (i am sorry i forgot, i dnt remember if sat1 or sat2 has chemistry,physics and maths, check it) if u r doin a-levels, i think u can easily solve the sse test if u get a good grip on sat concepts and yeah i can help u with the application form. dm me ur email id if u want help
LUMS 's SSE test is based on SAT 1 or 2? Comparing the difficulty level of SSE and SAT, which one is more difficult?? any ideas.?
and can u help me filling the Online application forms of LUMS..?

Reaction score
hi friends. i gave my entry test's this year i.e. 2012 and i thought maybe my experience will help you guys getting into a good uni. i gave entry test of six uni's and the details are following
1- LUMS
got into lums in SHSSL but had to let go of this golden opportunity because i wasn't given financial aid:cry: . the admissions opened in late November 2011 and closed in mid January. the test was held in mid-February. the test was SAT-1 and SAT-2 type. in fact, i found test easy. SSE is quite hard to get in but test isnt that difficult.

2- NUST
got into for BS-maths (merit 908). but again had to let go of this offer because i hate maths and was more interested in doing engineering. got rejected for engineering by nust because my merit was in 7000's. merit till 2500 are easily accepted in engineering courses. admissions opened in early april and closed in mid-may, test was held in july. test was a bit hard because it was from fsc. fsc-maths is beyond my understanding:p,just joking, i never got time to prepare for entry test properly due to so many unexpected events.

3- GIKI
got rejected(n) as my merit was in 3000's. merit till 2000's can easily get into giki. test was normal, had lots of tricky questions of maths.( u have to prepare fsc-maths and english, physics questions were easy) admission opened in early may and closed in mid-june. test was held in early july.

4- FAST
admission opened in early june and closed in late june. test held in first week of july. the test was computer based. got into BS-CS in peshawar campus, had to turn down this offer too as i was more interested in staying in lahore. hostel life isnt easy:whistle:

5- International Islamic University Islamabad
admissions started in early june and closed in last week of june. test was easy (very very easy). got into for BS-SE. went there and studied for three weeks and realised that it wasnt a good uni and i had hard time adjusting to hostel life.:( i was quite disappointed with the uni's administration and facult, so i returned back to lahore.

6- UMT ( University of Management and Technology): dnt confuse it with UET ;) after my return frm ISL, i took umt's admission test which was again quite easy, got in for BS-SE. currently studying there. the faculty and the administration is quite talented and friendly. extremely happy here. "parhai hee parhai hai idhar":(

hey i am much troubled right now regarding uni applications, and everything(including this post of urs ) appears mumbo jumbo...
to start with, i am currently in my A2...and wish to apply to NED , IBA, NUST, and KU.
now please tell me what other unis should i go for,given that i want to go for engineering,and when would i have to apply for each of them? is it late, or too early ???

Reaction score
hey i am much troubled right now regarding uni applications, and everything(including this post of urs ) appears mumbo jumbo...
to start with, i am currently in my A2...and wish to apply to NED , IBA, NUST, and KU.
now please tell me what other unis should i go for,given that i want to go for engineering,and when would i have to apply for each of them? is it late, or too early ???
first my advice is that u apply everywhere, if there's a clash btw admission tests date then go for the one where u really wanna go..applying everywhere opens up many chances and opportunities. and u r nt late! LUMS online admission registration has started. in my post, i mentioned the time period of admission test registration of all the uni's where i applied. and dont forget to get ur o'levels equivalence marks frm IBCC . dnt knw anything abt NED,IBA and KU. check their websites ;)

Reaction score
I wonder why you didnt did good in GIKI test it was a lot more easier than NUST
I got 5000+ in Nust But 1400 in GIKI

Reaction score
I wonder why you didnt did good in GIKI test it was a lot more easier than NUST
I got 5000+ in Nust But 1400 in GIKI
lol :D idk, i did my best! bt at the end wtever happens, happens for good.. so you are in GIKI?

Reaction score
Hello ma'am tayyaba. So you have given the sse test right? Are syllabi of SAT2 and the sse test same. Especially maths. What is the difficulty and do we have to prepare all our A2 maths as well? And what about fsc maths in the sse test? All help appreciated

Reaction score
Hello ma'am tayyaba. So you have given the sse test right? Are syllabi of SAT2 and the sse test same. Especially maths. What is the difficulty and do we have to prepare all our A2 maths as well? And what about fsc maths in the sse test? All help appreciated
yes i gave sse test, yes the syllabi is almost same bt you download the sse test syllabi from lums website. the test isnt soo difficult, its just like A'level exam questions with some being quite easy and some being more conceptional.. well for fsc maths, buy the fsc book and just go through chapter examples and learn the formulae. bt keep more focused on SAT 2 and a'level maths

Reaction score
yes i gave sse test, yes the syllabi is almost same bt you download the sse test syllabi from lums website. the test isnt soo difficult, its just like A'level exam questions with some being quite easy and some being more conceptional.. well for fsc maths, buy the fsc book and just go through chapter examples and learn the formulae. bt keep more focused on SAT 2 and a'level maths
ahan. That means A2 sari karni hai.? btw there is an english section in it? right?

Reaction score
I have given my Alevels with equivalent 68%(BCC). I will be applying to NUST and FAST. I will join an academy two months before the entry tests but i have almost 6 months left right now I will not waste this valuable time. I need to know how should I start preparing? I know the entry tests are based on FSC so i need advice on which books should i buy to study for FSC. And also can you tell briefly how different is Alevels from FSC? And is 6 months time enough to complete whole FSC syllabus considering i have done Alevels? Thankyou in advance your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have given my Alevels with equivalent 68%(BCC). I will be applying to NUST and FAST. I will join an academy two months before the entry tests but i have almost 6 months left right now I will not waste this valuable time. I need to know how should I start preparing? I know the entry tests are based on FSC so i need advice on which books should i buy to study for FSC. And also can you tell briefly how different is Alevels from FSC? And is 6 months time enough to complete whole FSC syllabus considering i have done Alevels? Thankyou in advance your answers will be greatly appreciated.
ok so i bought the fsc chemistry,maths and physics books of both the years..also bought the objective paper books that are available for fsc students.maths solution books are also quite useful. can also buy ecat book.how i prepared: i read one chap frm book, then went through its exercises and then onto the objective portion of that book and then onto ecat topic questions.
well fsc and aleval are almost same. with fsc having some topics more in detail and depth,there are also few new topics in fsc books. 6months are enough to cover the whole fsc syllabi
YES!!START PREPARING!! its the ideal time (y)