• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Real Face Of The Pathan Race

Reaction score
We all love Pathan jokes. But do you know that Pathans are one of the hardest working, prosperous and diversified communities in the world. My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking. During last vacation, a few of his friends came to Peshawar. They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Pathan and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Pathan jokes, just to tease the old man. But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed. At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Pathan returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, ''Son, since morning you have been telling Pathan jokes.. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world..But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Pathan beggar that you come across in this or any other city. 'My friend continued, ' That one rupee coin is still with me after twenty years. I couldn't find a single Pathan begging anywhere.' The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Pathan will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a tandoor, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry... but he will never beg on the streets
Yup pathans rock :)

Reaction score
We all love Pathan jokes. But do you know that Pathans are one of the hardest working, prosperous and diversified communities in the world. My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking. During last vacation, a few of his friends came to Peshawar. They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Pathan and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Pathan jokes, just to tease the old man. But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed. At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Pathan returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, ''Son, since morning you have been telling Pathan jokes.. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world..But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Pathan beggar that you come across in this or any other city. 'My friend continued, ' That one rupee coin is still with me after twenty years. I couldn't find a single Pathan begging anywhere.' The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Pathan will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a tandoor, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry... but he will never beg on the streets

Salam!! Its true. We should cease teasing Pathans. We are not better than them. They are hard-working and honourable folk, who should be given more importance,as they help much in the country. They are human beings too, and are not different from us. Just because they are simple and humble,doesnt mean we should tease them. Every human has a right on respect and honour, so why should pathans be of any difference??

Reaction score
AFRIDI IS A PATHAN, IMRAN KHAN IS PATHAN, YOUNIS KHAN IS A PATHAN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ABDUL QADEER KHAN IS A PATHAN!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!! Pakistan's great personalities are pathans! And yet people dont cease teasing them. Hope one day, Pathans will hold great esteem in the country of Pakistan, In Sha Allah!!