• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Real Face Of The Pathan Race

Reaction score
We all love Pathan jokes. But do you know that Pathans are one of the hardest working, prosperous and diversified communities in the world. My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking. During last vacation, a few of his friends came to Peshawar. They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Pathan and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Pathan jokes, just to tease the old man. But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed. At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Pathan returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, ''Son, since morning you have been telling Pathan jokes.. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world..But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Pathan beggar that you come across in this or any other city. 'My friend continued, ' That one rupee coin is still with me after twenty years. I couldn't find a single Pathan begging anywhere.' The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Pathan will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a tandoor, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry... but he will never beg on the streets

Reaction score
Better edit that last part bro.

The whole point of the thread is to show their will to work hard. I'm not calling them poor or anything. ''That last part'' is to show that they will take up the harshest of occupations but will never sink as low as ask someone for money.

Reaction score
Exactly, here in karachi they are treated in worse conditions. Blamed of being responsible for terriorism yet they aren't behind it.
We have to acknowledge the fact that they are very hard working. Anyways, The incident was awesome and worth-reading. (y)

Reaction score
The whole point of the thread is to show their will to work hard. I'm not calling them poor or anything. ''That last part'' is to show that they will take up the harshest of occupations but will never sink as low as ask someone for money.
my friend i was talking to nibz, so relax :LOL::p

Exactly, here in karachi they are treated in worse conditions. Blamed of being responsible for terriorism yet they aren't behind it.
We have to acknowledge the fact that they are very hard working. Anyways, The incident was awesome and worth-reading. (y)
Sad [for the first part], Pakistan lacks unity :(

Reaction score
yeah a pathan will not prefer begging on the street just like any other honourable dignified person of any race, culture...
are pathans different kind of human beings :/ we all have same origin.... i don't think its sensible to generalise and associate some specific attributes or traits in all the pathans who exist
. u might be talking bout some specific group of people who may have some principles set for themselves, it maybe part of their culture and tradition of dre tribe which they belonged to but i don't think u can say that all pathans would be thinking alike....my experience says that mostly pathans r nice humble people. talking bout the ones who have migrated from tribal areas or afghanistan into major cities.

P.S i would like to mention that i am really inspired from some pathans like Imran Khan, Abdul Qadeer Khan, Salman Khan, Shahid Khan Afridi and Amir Khan :D

Reaction score
EVERY KHAN IS NOT A PATHAN AND EVERY PATHAN IS NOT A KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are not only pakhtun pathans but there are punjabi pathans tooo

Famous Punjabi-Pathans

Munir Ahmad Khan, Pakistani nuclear scientist and engineer.
Misbah-ul-Haq, Pakistani cricketer
Majid Khan, Pakistani cricketer
Jahangir Khan, Pakistani squash player
Ishaq Khan Khakwani, Former Federal Minister of State for Pakistan Railways And IT & Telecom
Javed Burki, Pakistani cricketer
Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri, former Foreign Minister of Pakistan
Maulana Kausar Niazi, former Federal Minister
Amir Abdullah Khan Rokhri, former Senator
Gul Hameed Khan Rokhri, politician
Amir Abdullah Khan Rokhri, politician and member of Pakistan Movement
Humair Hayat Khan Rokhri, member of the National Assembly of Pakistan
Asghar Khan Rokhri, current nazim of the town of Rokhri
Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi, Sitara-i-Jurat twice and Military Cross
Tariq Niazi, Pakistani field hockey player
Aamir Hayat Khan Niazi, member of the Punjab Provincial Assembly
Munir Niazi, poet of Urdu and Punjabi languages
Attaullah Khan Essa Khailwi, folk singer and poet
Shahryar Khan, foreign secretary and Chairman PCB
Zulfiqar Ali Khan, Pakistan Air Force Chief of Air Staff
Intikhab Alam, Pakistani cricketer

Reaction score
Pathan is the bravest comunity in the world

My granddad would always tell me that when Britishers would pass by the Khyber Pass, they would put their weapons pointing to the ground, just so that pathans might not get upset about their movement of weapons on their land!
And still they are really annoyed in afghanistan but they are helpless as they are there by the order of their government!

Sounds really cool when said in Pashto, Pathan brother and sisters will get this
"angrez ba che pa khyber pass thereda, nu topak nari ba e khkata satala, che charta pukhtoon khafa nashe"

Reaction score
awkward to see a karachite talking like that... not only pathans... but punjabis are also treated as gentiles here in khi... thy meet us smiling and caring and being frends... but deep inside they show emotions accidentally such as punjabis mai to rishta nhi krna chaye aur punjabi to are very clever al;ways wrking on conspiracies and lahores ppl have no character :eek: :mad: