• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

... The Hadith Thread...

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum everyone...

This thread is created for Hadiths and you all are welcome to share the Hadiths you know. (y)
Here I go with a wonderful Hadith about a man's dream.

The Dream
Once a man saw in his dream, that a lion was chasing him. The man ran to a tree, climbed on to it and sat on a branch. He looked down and saw that the lion was still there waiting for him. The man then looked to his side where the branch he was sitting on was attached to the tree and saw two rats were circling around and eating the branch. One rat was black and the other was white. The branch would break and fall off very soon.
The man then looked below again with fear and discovered that a big black snake had come and settled directly under him. The snake opened its mouth right under the man so that he will fall into it.
The man then looked up to see if there was anything that he could hold on to. He saw another branch with a honeycomb. Drops of honey were falling from it.
The man wanted to taste one of the drops. So, he put his tongue out and tasted one of the fallen drops of honey. The honey was amazing in taste. So, he wanted to taste another drop. As he did, he got lost into the sweetness of the honey.
Meanwhile, he forgot about the two rats eating his branch away, the lion on the ground and the snake that is sitting right under him.
After a while, he woke up from his sleep.
To get the meaning behind this dream, the man went to a pious scholar of Islam. The Islamic scholar who interpreted the dream said, "The lion you saw is your death. It always chases you and goes wherever you go.
The two rats, one black and one white, are the night and the day. They circle around, coming one after the other, to eat your time as they take you closer to death.
The big black snake with a dark mouth is your grave. It's there, just waiting for you to fall into it.
The honeycomb is this world and the sweet honey is the luxuries of this world. We like to taste the drop of the luxuries of this world but it's very sweet. Then we taste another drop and yet another.
Meanwhile, we get lost into it and we forget about our time, we forget about our death and we forget about our graves."

Source: Fun times Magazine [I have written it from the Life in Islam Section]

Reaction score
About picking a lost thing - Wednesday, June 06, 2012 at 09:24
Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 42, Number 611:
Narrated Zaid bin Khalid:
A man came and asked Allah's Apostle about picking a lost thing. The Prophet said, "Remember the description of its container and the string it is tied with, and make public announcement about it for one year. If the owner shows up, give it to him; otherwise, do whatever you like with it." He then asked, "What about a lost sheep?" The Prophet said, "It is for you, for your brother (i.e. its owner), or for the wolf." He further asked, "What about a lost camel?" The Prophet said, "It is none of your concern. It has its water-container (reservoir) and its feet, and it will reach water and drink it and eat the trees till its owner finds it."​

Reaction score
Which is the best deed?" - Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 26, Number 594:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet was asked, "Which is the best deed?" He said, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle." He was then asked, "Which is the next (in goodness)?" He said, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." He was then asked, "Which is the next?" He said, "To perform Hajj-Mabrur. "​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Asalam-o-Alaikum! :)
Narrated Anas ibn Malik ; AbuSa’id: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “O Allah, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man, and resurrect me in the company of the poor.” Aisha asked him why he had said this, and he replied, “Because they will enter Paradise forty years before the rich. Do not turn away a poor man, Aisha, even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you, Aisha, Allah will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection.”

Reaction score
here's one:

Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." Volume 4, Book 54, Number 538, Narrated Abu Huraira.

Reaction score
Dear Readers this is not a hadith that I am sharing but a good lesson to be learned from.

!!! Read and understand !!!

A sister said to her friend : “I met a committed righteous Muslim man through facebook! He likes me so much and he will ask my hand in marriage after he finishes his study”
“but how did you know he is committed and righteous” her friend asked her
“all his posts on Facebook are Islamic, he only shares good posts. Besides, when he chat with me, he don’t across the limits”
The friend asked her again: "but not every one who shares good Islamic posts are committed Muslims!! How can you define commitment to Deen any way? Through facebook posts and words or through actions?”
“through actions of course!” she answered her “so if this man is really righteous, he would never have Khalwah (to be alone) with you in chat! The commands of Prophet Mohammad (sallaAllahu alaihi wa sallam) are so clear : “Not one of you should meet a woman alone unless she is accompanied by a relative (mahram)" (Bukhari/Muslim), any righteous man would know this Hadith! If he is truly righteous, he wouldn't speak to you behind your parents back and let you betray their trust to you. If he is really righteous and God fearing person, he would have fear of Allah and Taqwah and never dare to talk to you knowing that Allah is watching you both! He would not talk to you and wait until he finishes his study to go to your father asking your hand in marriage from him. Dear, this relationship you have now is not engagement! It’s a Haram relationship between a girl and her boyfriend. If you really believe in Allah, if you really know that all your affair (including marriage) are in HIS Hands, if you believe that HE will grant you what is the best for you when you try hard to please HIM and keep your heart away from Haram, if you believe in all that then leave this relationship and if that man is written for you, you will be his Halal eventually”

Share This Islamic Post as sadqa-e-jariya ( everlasting charity). if someone acts on this information, you will be benefited too IN SHA ALLAH.

Source: Zakir Naik Fan Club on Facebook.

Reaction score
Here'a another conversation:
MUST READ CONVERSATION BETWEEN A PROFESSOR & A STUDENT!

Professor : You are a Muslim, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. :) [MUST SHARE]

Reaction score
Hadith.jpg

Reaction score
Reported by Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari (RA): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “It is not lawful for a Muslim to desert (stop talking to) his brother beyond three nights, the one turning one way and the other turning to the other way when they meet, the better of the two is one who is the first to greet the other.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Reaction score
A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him.
Hadith Qudsi 32