• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The City School (PAF or Gulshan A Level) Rankings?

Reaction score
I know I must have asked this question before, but has anyone left the city school (PAF chapter or Gulshan A Levels) and been to ivy league universities like Princeton or Harvard or British universities like Cambridge or Oxford?

Do you know anyone who has done this?

Reaction score
I don't know about gulshan but many students study in the ivy league schools after studying from paf chapter, most of them get scholarships from these colleges. I am currently in chapter and many of my A2s have gotten into the ivy leagues, 1 even got a 100% scholarship to Cambridge. I think I get what you're trying to ask and yes, the faculty here is amazing, one of the best in the city. Seriously speaking, apply to gulshan A levels as well, just to have an assurance that you have already gotten into a school and you won't go through the phase some of us have gone through(not being admitted into a school and then having trouble getting an admission). Try getting into chapter as it is really good.

Reaction score
I don't know about gulshan but many students study in the ivy league schools after studying from paf chapter, most of them get scholarships from these colleges. I am currently in chapter and many of my A2s have gotten into the ivy leagues, 1 even got a 100% scholarship to Cambridge. I think I get what you're trying to ask and yes, the faculty here is amazing, one of the best in the city. Seriously speaking, apply to gulshan A levels as well, just to have an assurance that you have already gotten into a school and you won't go through the phase some of us have gone through(not being admitted into a school and then having trouble getting an admission). Try getting into chapter as it is really good.
I don't think the faculty is so amazing, and moreover the environment is not good enough. :)
Even if you've scholarship, you still have to pay the lab fee.
City School PAF doesn't even count on best three of karachi.

Reaction score
I don't think the faculty is so amazing, and moreover the environment is not good enough. :)
Even if you've scholarship, you still have to pay the lab fee.
City School PAF doesn't even count on best three of karachi.
Scholorships don't actually mean that you're going to study for free, you have to pay for labs and the library. I was applying everywhere last year but there wasn't one school where they weren't charging for labs or the library. Scholorships are for tuition fees not the total fees.
I don't know where you guys find the environment of chapter bad. I just don't understand how you guys can believe in rumours about what goes in there when you haven't even been there, forget studied there. The faculty is actually pretty good, for science students atleast. Some of the best teachers in Karachi teach here.
People say KGS is a part of the top 3 but most of its students take tuitions, their results are good enough only because of that. They don't have an amazing faculty. Other than St.Pats and Nixor, which other school is better than Chapter?

Reaction score
Scholorships don't actually mean that you're going to study for free, you have to pay for labs and the library. I was applying everywhere last year but there wasn't one school where they weren't charging for labs or the library. Scholorships are for tuition fees not the total fees.
I don't know where you guys find the environment of chapter bad. I just don't understand how you guys can believe in rumours about what goes in there when you haven't even been there, forget studied there. The faculty is actually pretty good, for science students atleast. Some of the best teachers in Karachi teach here.
People say KGS is a part of the top 3 but most of its students take tuitions, their results are good enough only because of that. They don't have an amazing faculty. Other than St.Pats and Nixor, which other school is better than Chapter?
Well, I'm telling you this because 3 of my cousions graduated from Chapter.
I don't think the faculty is good.
Lyceum, Nixor, KGS, St.Pats and moreover beconhouse is better than City School!

Reaction score
What about 'Avicenna' school is it good?

Reaction score
salam all!! i gave physics ,chem, accounts, business studies ,english language,additional maths and maths this year for my o levels and i m waiting for my result but i m only expecting 1 A out of seven so which college shud i opt for or shud i do my A level's privately ?? on second thought if my result is not good enogh then my friends are telling me to do inter but i cannot do so because i didn't gave bio or computer so wat shud i do??? help needed urgent!!

Reaction score
The faculty of Paf is really gud..nd city does counts in top schools of karachi!!!dont say so much bad things abt city..gulshan branch is not good..even though it's better than Lyceum :)

Reaction score
The faculty of Paf is really gud..nd city does counts in top schools of karachi!!!dont say so much bad things abt city..gulshan branch is not good..even though it's better than Lyceum :)
Haha! Better than Lyceum? Miss, I've done O levels from The City School and it was my biggest mistake ever! It's the worst school there is, which is only interested for money, do you know about the lands on which PAF is built? It's illegeal and there are cases in the court going on, read the news and you'll get to know more about the great, City school ;)

Reaction score
Sir!!iam starting my o levels..nd my two cousins have studied from there..one of them has scored distinction too nd both have got more than 11 A stars..studying in the Paf so better don't blame the school,I know they are greedy but still!!!!!

Reaction score
Sir!!iam starting my o levels..nd my two cousins have studied from there..one of them has scored distinction too nd both have got more than 11 A stars..studying in the Paf so better don't blame the school,I know they are greedy but still!!!!!
Congratulations to them, sadly 3 of my cousions also studied in PAF, they told me that atmosphere is totally corrupted.

Reaction score
Ya it is but u have just have to study well nd be away from that bad sort atmosphere..sorry if am rude..nd strive for the best :)

Reaction score
Has The City School Gulshan A Level campus improved? Can one really say with pride that the school is good enough to send students to Ivy League universities abroad? Answers to these as well would be nice. Thanks!

Reaction score
I guess what I am also trying to say alongside with my previous post is that once you leave the City School Gulshan A Level Campus or PAF Chapter do you have the same prestige, if not of KGS, then at least of Lyceum or St. Pats?

Reaction score
Can anyone just elaborate what my previous two posts have said. This way my mind can have some rest.

Reaction score
Like for example, people from lyceum vs people from the city school (PAF or Gulshan A Levels)

Reaction score
Brother, City School cannot be matched with Lyceum. It's like comparing sun to a bulb.
The faculty and reputation of Lyceum exceeds far beyond The City School.