• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Suggestion for choosing future institute

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaikum everyone. Hope you're all fine. I just needed a friendly advice here.

Let me explain the scenario first. I do not belong to a very rich family. Just a middle class and I aim on doing A levels in future. I'm currently in O3 studying from American Lycetuff School system (I'm sure 85% of the community hearing this name for the first time). I appeared in 3 subjects last year. PAK Studies, Urdu & Islamiat. Out of which I got 2 B's and an A*

Now I've taken an extra subject (Commerce) to get more A's in order to get scholarship but the problem is that I'm not much aware about the scholarship criteria of schools. Could you please post here a recommendation alongwith the criteria?

Please tell about the maximum institutes.

Reaction score
Commerce is an easy subject so I suggest that u should go for it
The criteria for scholarship is (8A*s/A's 100%) (7A*s/As 75%) (6A*s/A 50%) (5A*s/As 25%) i guess this is the criteria for all schools...

Reaction score
Commerce is an easy subject so I suggest that u should go for it
The criteria for scholarship is (8A*s/A's 100%) (7A*s/As 75%) (6A*s/A 50%) (5A*s/As 25%) i guess this is the criteria for all schools...
Sorry to say but I was told that this is the criteria for Beaconhouse, whereas LGS has points. Something like A* = 10 points & A = 5 points. Then your scholarship is based on the points you get...

Need more replies!!

Reaction score
May be it is bt as far as i know this is the criteria for Beacon n City School....btw thanx for giving more information regarding sholarships. :)

Reaction score
Sorry to say but I was told that this is the criteria for Beaconhouse, whereas LGS has points. Something like A* = 10 points & A = 5 points. Then your scholarship is based on the points you get...

Need more replies!!

Yeah, that is the criteria for LGS. Every school has a different criteria.
But if you get 8 A's, out of which 4 or 5 are A*'s.. you should be able to get scholarship at any school!

Reaction score
Getting that much A's is dreamy for a person with a routine like me... I request you to pray for me... Infact, pray for every student :/

Reaction score
Getting that much A's is dreamy for a person with a routine like me... I request you to pray for me... Infact, pray for every student :/

O-Level is not that hard, to be honest. You just need to organize yourself a bit, and plan stuff out.

Okay, sure.

Reaction score
Assalam O Alaikum everyone. Hope you're all fine. I just needed a friendly advice here.

Let me explain the scenario first. I do not belong to a very rich family. Just a middle class and I aim on doing A levels in future. I'm currently in O3 studying from American Lycetuff School system (I'm sure 85% of the community hearing this name for the first time). I appeared in 3 subjects last year. PAK Studies, Urdu & Islamiat. Out of which I got 2 B's and an A*

Now I've taken an extra subject (Commerce) to get more A's in order to get scholarship but the problem is that I'm not much aware about the scholarship criteria of schools. Could you please post here a recommendation alongwith the criteria?

Please tell about the maximum institutes.

If u have opted biology then go for human and social bio , international mathematics , maybe ICT ,Environmental management or commerce ...In these subjects you can easily score A/A*'s ...but seriously there's no use to opting extra subjects and wasting money ...
Secondly , In case if you cant get a scholarship for A-levels ..simply take tuitions and appear privately ..thats the best thing which you can do.

Lastly , the name of school doesn't matter ...in the end all that matters is the grades which you end up with ..so dw about that.

Reaction score
If u have opted biology then go for human and social bio , international mathematics , maybe ICT ,Environmental management or commerce ...In these subjects you can easily score A/A*'s ...but seriously there's no use to opting extra subjects and wasting money ...
Secondly , In case if you cant get a scholarship for A-levels ..simply take tuitions and appear privately ..thats the best thing which you can do.

Lastly , the name of school doesn't matter ...in the end all that matters is the grades which you end up with ..so dw about that.

I disagree with the second paragraph. A good school with good councillors improves your chances for admission into foreign unis (if you are into them). If you aren't doing AS, you could conceivably be admitted to a university before giving an A Level exam.

Anyway, LGS scholarships are A*=10 points, A=5 points. 60 or more pts = 100%/50-59 pts = 75%/40-49 pts = 50%.

Also, if you want to get admission to a good institute, you will have to study. Change your routine and get studying (not too much though, OLs aren't that hard unless you are in your final year and still struggle with the initial chapters). Just revise and do as many past papers as possible.

Reaction score
I disagree with the second paragraph. A good school with good councillors improves your chances for admission into foreign unis (if you are into them). If you aren't doing AS, you could conceivably be admitted to a university before giving an A Level exam.

Anyway, LGS scholarships are A*=10 points, A=5 points. 60 or more pts = 100%/50-59 pts = 75%/40-49 pts = 50%.

Also, if you want to get admission to a good institute, you will have to study. Change your routine and get studying (not too much though, OLs aren't that hard unless you are in your final year and still struggle with the initial chapters). Just revise and do as many past papers as possible.

Bro chances of admission in foreign unis totally depends on ur grades , personal statement , reference and ur predicted grades ...Theres nothing to do with the school ...Neither the name of school , nor the standard of school would play any role in the admissions.

Reaction score

Now this is something really helpful. Is that scholarship criteria confirm??

Reaction score
Bro chances of admission in foreign unis totally depends on ur grades , personal statement , reference and ur predicted grades ...Theres nothing to do with the school ...Neither the name of school , nor the standard of school would play any role in the admissions.

You need guidance for that. Very few students are self-aware of this stuff, and private students in particular suffer here.

Now this is something really helpful. Is that scholarship criteria confirm??

Yes.