• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sociology O-level as a private candidate and self-study. Please help.

Reaction score
Hello people,

I am going to be giving Sociology Olevel this May as a private candidate and I am starting this subject all by myself. I really hope I can do that. I have heard how everyone says it is an easy subject and one can ace it with thorough studying in a couple of months. But the reason why I am giving this subject is because of my sheer interest in sociology. But that does not prevent panic attacks when my mind contemplates what I am going. So people, please help me get started. I have a schedule that I have started following for CIEs official preparation. But can I get some help? Perhaps you could share your experiences as either some one who self-studied it or otherwise. Please! Also, anyone who gave World History? Please reply!!

Thank you,
an-anxious-miserablist-and-procrastinator-but-still-determined

Reaction score
Im also appearing as a private candidate this year (May/June 2017) and Ill be giving the sociology exam as well ! What Im using right now are Sir Farooq Parekh's notes..and to be honest , theyre pretty helpful.

Reaction score
Its easy...Last year I gave Sociology with Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Commerce
And i self studied in 3 weeks. Its possible. Just try to understand the concepts. The syllabus changes each year so go through with that. And have a good writing style. You need to be able to explain things.
Lastly pray to Allah. He can do wonders.

P.S I had an A in Sociology, if it matters