• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

So many campaigns and battles? :/

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Islamiat paper 2 is the next paper.
I am confused as to how am I suppose to memories all the battles. I mean there are SO many of them. I can't get them all on my mind. How can earth can I memorize them?
I am hell confused. Can't I skip some of them? :/

All help will be appreciated.

Thankyou :)

Reaction score
In Hazrat Abubakr's caliphate just remember the names of the battles, fought against whom and the areas conquered.

In Hazrat Umar's caliphate memorise all the battles names but focus on the battle of Yarmuk, Conquest of egypt and fall of jerasulem in Wars against Romans. And in wars against Persians focus upon Qadisiya and Nahawand. Also the names of the areas conquered.

In Hazrat Usman's caliphate memorise the names of the areas where there were uprisings, changing of governors and area conquered. Also do not forget the first naval fleet.

In Hazrat Ali's caliphate there is only Camel,Siffin and Naharwan.

Hope this helps you.

Reaction score
You should prepare an answer on the expansion/battles during the Caliphates of Hazrat Abu Bakr, Umar and Usman since this type of question can come. Once you do this just rote learn it.

Reaction score
You should prepare an answer on the expansion/battles during the Caliphates of Hazrat Abu Bakr, Umar and Usman since this type of question can come. Once you do this just rote learn it.
Theres never been a question on Hazrat Abubakr's expansion. Can't be either.

Reaction score
There hasn't been a question, yes, but that dosen't mean it cant come. Besides, have you looked at the number of battles during Abu Bakrs caliphate ? It is likely they can give this question.

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Islamiat paper 2 is the next paper.
I am confused as to how am I suppose to memories all the battles. I mean there are SO many of them. I can't get them all on my mind. How can earth can I memorize them?
I am hell confused. Can't I skip some of them? :/

All help will be appreciated.

Thankyou :)
u can memorize the major battles but skip the smaller ones like hadramaut en at tamr walaja or hira.... you can say something like "a skirmish took place at walaja in which they were successful... u should divide them in two parts 1 foughtagainst parsians 2 fought against byzantines as it will e easier..........
goodluck :coffee:

Reaction score
ummmm in the islamiat paper 2 is there any chances of a question on the four shia hadith compilations to come and if it does wont we get a choice?? :confused::unsure:

Reaction score
ummmm in the islamiat paper 2 is there any chances of a question on the four shia hadith compilations to come and if it does wont we get a choice?? :confused::unsure:
no it comes comes in question two so there is no option...btw this doesnt cum alone it either cumes with the sunni books or as a b part...u should check the syllabus...

Reaction score
these are the outlines of the quest

Write about how thefourRightlyGuided Caliphs are rolemodelsforleaders today.[10]

are these valid.... or vat else can i add

The caliphs followed the principles laid down by quran and sunnah as such they provide us with excellent examples to follow………..all the caliphs enjoined humility and modesty. They wore pachted clothes ,and mended there shoes themselves.hazrat umar did not keep any guard nor allowed his governors to do …………….this can be seen from the death that h uthman ali n umar were assassinated as they were without any protection
The caliphs did not discriminate bw one another of there disciples ……… they set the same laws for a king as for a begger………even the caliphs were open to criticism.. h.umar once was wanted to fix the limit for the dowry of women but a women then repeated the verse of quran n told him he can not take their right away from them…then he repeated “ a women is right and umar is wrong:”
The caiphs always kept the legal system impartial of the government… they appointed qazis which were not under the government…. A women once laid claim against umar and he appeared before the jugde… the jugde stood up before up before him seeing this umar said ‘this is the first act of injustice you did to this women…….
The caliphs not only conquered a vast empire but also consoled it with an efficient system of administration which the muslim leaders must follow………abubakr gave bait ul maal a proper structure…. They always consulted the majlis e shura (ijma) ………… uthman made 5oo naval fleet……..umar kept strict watch on his officers.. therefore the muslims can follow these rules n regulations to strengthen their country……they should do consultations ………..

Reaction score
For Hazrat Umar (R.A) here is the best answer for
EXPANSION OF THE ISLAMIC EMPIRE:
Fighting with the Persian Empire had begun during the rule of the previous Caliph. Muslim forces defeated the Persian in Namaraq in October 634 AD and crossed the Euphrates. The Persian supreme command then sent a huge force under Bahman. The two armies fought a fierce battle, the Battle of Bridge. Here the Muslims suffered heavy losses including their commander Abu Ubaid bin Zaid.
The Muslims regrouped under Mutanna, in November 634 AD defeated the Persian army led by Mehran in the Battle of Buwaib. Commanding an army of 20,000 troops, Saad bin Abi Waqas met the Persian 120,000 army led by Rustam at Qadisiya. The Battle of Qadisiya thus began in 635 AD. A fierce battle was fought resulting in Rustam’s death. Now Saad and his army advanced to the Persian capital Al-Madain. He laid a siege for several days and the king Yazdigard escaped to north while the Muslims captured Al-Madain. The king was finally defeated at Jalula.
In the meantime the Persians, Romans and Christian Arab tribes combined their forces in upper Iraq near Tekrit. Saad dispatched an army that defeated the joint forces. Saad, on Umar’s advice, founded the new cities Kufa and Basra near Madain for the Muslim armies and their families. Hazrat Umar (R.A) completed the final capture and subjugation of Persia in the Battle of Nihawand in 642 AD, marking the end of the Sassanid Dynasty in Persia.
In Syria the Muslim forces were advancing rapidly when Umar became the Caliph. Khalid bin Waleed added Damacus, Jordan and Emmessa, one after another to the Muslim Empire. After the loss of these important cities the Roman Emperor sent an army of 260,000 men against the Muslims. This force too was defeated in 635 AD in the Battle of Yarmouk under the leadership of Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah. Many other important Syrian towns were also captured leaving only Jerusalam and its surrounding towns. Finally Jerusalem was also taken in a peaceful manner on the request of Patriarch Sophronius. He requested that the ‘king’ of Muslims should himself come and receive the keys of the city. Umar himself met Sophronius and signed a peace treaty under which full religious freedom was given to the citizens of Jerusalem on the condition of paying Jizya. Sanctity of the Church of Resurrection and other churches was also guaranteed.
Finally Egypt was also conquered in 640 AD by Amr bin Al-Aas who had to persuade Umar with great difficulty. Amr bin Al-Aas argued that Egypt could be used by the Romans as the naval base to launch operations against the Muslims. By April 641 AD Babylon was also captured and the new city of Fustat was founded in 642 AD on the eastern bank of the Nile. Umar appointed able and efficient governors in all these conquered territories.

This is the best answer covering all points and remember learn with the sequence of war coz examiner usually look at the flow