• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Short Story Competition

Reaction score
Written sometime back. Hope its good :D

The room lit with moonlight as she swayed the curtain to the side, facing the full moon that shone in the midst of grey clouds. The night felt magical, a strange quiet whistling filled the atmosphere where each star portrayed the north star, shining with its utmost potential. Her weak existence could do nothing but feel, her glittering eyes could only watch what was to befall. She felt helpless, but atleast she felt the life around her, those endless grasslands, faint glimmer of sea far away and the cold breeze that gently caressed her hand. She hoped someone might rescue her, save her life. But she knew nobody would. It wasn't a fairy tale, or was it? A faint glimmer in the sky far away caught her attention. Her hope grew stronger. The silver object turned its path towards the window, behind which a girl stood hoping for another chance. She could feel it coming, an angel, a saviour. She was saved. She closed her eyes, inhaled the magical atmosphere, and shouted like never "This is my Fairytale!". With wings stretched like a pegasus, the plane crashed right into the house. Sure it wasn't a fairy tale.
the ending seems familiar....
but trust me u still grip my attention the way few people do...
awesome piece of work

Reaction score
I also started a story but dint know wat to do here

I don’t know what I had expected of the man who entered the living room in that awful double breasted suit… but it was certainly an appearance that came as a blow. Little had I known that the man would be a middle aged, pot bellied man with hair graying at the sideburns, but it was the discussion that made me stop dead in my track The two families were discussing casually, even cheerfully that bond that will unite the two birds at the peak of their youth. I turned back on my heels and entered the kitchen once again with the tray still laden with tea that I had intended to serve the guests.

I could see that my sister was surprised to see me back in the kitchen. Her first reaction was “Did you forget something?” but seeing the grave expression on my face she took the tray away from my hand, placed it on the table before placing a gentle hand on my cheek. I opened my mouth to explain but felt a horrible lump rise in my throat instead and I sufficed on sobbing my heart onto my sister’s shoulder. Never had I imagined for that matter that I will be so affected by my parent’s taste… or rather the lack of it.

My sister tried to explain to me that it was in the fate of a woman to suffer. And while some become the depiction of the pure grief itself for the rest of their lives, others accept it and distract their minds towards other things such as children. While I kept staring in my sisters eyes not with remorse but surprise. It dawned upon me that even my sister didn’t know enough of me to know that I will not easily accept to be crushed. But I let it pass and picked the tray again and made my way once again towards the lounge. If my sister thought I was successfully pressurized into accepting the decision, she thought wrong.

Though I had no idea what I would do next, the heat of it inside me was enough to ensure that there would be only one party that would surrender that night. I vaguely heard her parents introducing the family to their second daughter and even winced when they suggested that my silence was to be taken as my consent, and that I had always been a quiet girl. But other than that I showed no emotion and no suggestion as to if or not I could hear the conversation taking place around me.

And then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere I felt my pulse rising. The severity with which I had been avoiding to look at them was replaced by a magnetic pull that forced me, against my will, to look at that man.

Reaction score
I also started a story but dint know wat to do here

I don’t know what I had expected of the man who entered the living room in that awful double breasted suit… but it was certainly an appearance that came as a blow. Little had I known that the man would be a middle aged, pot bellied man with hair graying at the sideburns, but it was the discussion that made me stop dead in my track The two families were discussing casually, even cheerfully that bond that will unite the two birds at the peak of their youth. I turned back on my heels and entered the kitchen once again with the tray still laden with tea that I had intended to serve the guests.

I could see that my sister was surprised to see me back in the kitchen. Her first reaction was “Did you forget something?” but seeing the grave expression on my face she took the tray away from my hand, placed it on the table before placing a gentle hand on my cheek. I opened my mouth to explain but felt a horrible lump rise in my throat instead and I sufficed on sobbing my heart onto my sister’s shoulder. Never had I imagined for that matter that I will be so affected by my parent’s taste… or rather the lack of it.

My sister tried to explain to me that it was in the fate of a woman to suffer. And while some become the depiction of the pure grief itself for the rest of their lives, others accept it and distract their minds towards other things such as children. While I kept staring in my sisters eyes not with remorse but surprise. It dawned upon me that even my sister didn’t know enough of me to know that I will not easily accept to be crushed. But I let it pass and picked the tray again and made my way once again towards the lounge. If my sister thought I was successfully pressurized into accepting the decision, she thought wrong.

Though I had no idea what I would do next, the heat of it inside me was enough to ensure that there would be only one party that would surrender that night. I vaguely heard her parents introducing the family to their second daughter and even winced when they suggested that my silence was to be taken as my consent, and that I had always been a quiet girl. But other than that I showed no emotion and no suggestion as to if or not I could hear the conversation taking place around me.

And then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere I felt my pulse rising. The severity with which I had been avoiding to look at them was replaced by a magnetic pull that forced me, against my will, to look at that man.
Kinda desi story :p Good going (y)

Reaction score
Kinda desi story :p Good going (y)

What is 'desi'?

Here goes the next part of my story. Hope you guys are enjoying it, as well as learning from it. I love educational stories. Don't forget to pray for our brothers and sisters in beloved, Syria...

Also, I have not edited any of my chapters, so please forgive me for the errors. I know it is frustrating reading a novel with errors in, but I usually write in my free time and edit only after the story is completed. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5
They argued day in and day out. What they once promised would not affect their marriage became the main topic off their debate. She blamed the Sunnis; he defended his ground by arguing it was not only Sunnis who opposed the regime. And the situation only became worse when she discovered that his father was amongst the 1958 victims imprisoned for being part of the notorious Brotherhood groups.

‘What do you know about your Sunni people? They are terrorists against our president. It is ‘The Brotherhood’ and foreign groups instigating these irresponsible, childish protests.’

He tried to remain calm. ‘No they are not only Sunnis; they are Shias and Christians too. Freedom knows no limits. It is ordinary citizens that want nothing except change.’

She did not show mercy. She made it known that with her position; as one of the country’s top secret agents, she had the power to do as she wanted or liked. And she chose to put that power to full use. She was an autocratic commander that belonged to an autocratic regime. She believed in torture, hardness, forced confessions and pure obedience to those above you. He knew under her, he would stand no chance with even the basic rights of life!

And deep down that ‘hope’ he once held turned to fear. Fear for his family, fear for his friends and fear for his father whose identity she would eventually find out, and let him know what she thought about those who opposed the rulers!

He knew that his life had to change. He knew that he could choose to stand on the oppressor’s side and live a good life. But, no that he would not do!

He would stand with his people no matter what! It would cost him his life, family, job, home and all that he possessed, but he was prepared to stand for what he believed. He was prepared to stand with the sons and daughters of Syria, at all costs.

Reaction score
School time writing (During Maths Class to be specific :D)

He leaned over to her shoulder. Her eyes glittered when she felt his presence. Turning her head towards him, she opened her mouth to say something, but she stopped. He was staring back. She could sense some uneasiness but his hard stare prevented her from objecting. He was staring dead eyed, still. She shrugged, looked away and then looked back. Still his eyes were glued to her. "What did I do wrong?" she thought. He looked down towards the sofa where she was sitting. It occurred to her instantly. Opening his mouth to the fullest, he shouted, "Sofiee! You did not just make my new sofa wet, did you?!" She could only reply with an affirmative bark.

Reaction score

He leaned over to her shoulder. Her eyes glittered when she felt his presence. Turning her head towards him, she opened her mouth to say something, but she stopped. He was staring back. She could sense some uneasiness but his hard stare prevented her from objecting. He was staring dead eyed, still. She shrugged, looked away and then looked back. Still his eyes were glued to her. "What did I do wrong?" she thought. He looked down towards the sofa where she was sitting. It occurred to her instantly. Opening his mouth to the fullest, he shouted, "Sofiee! You did not just make my new sofa wet, did you?!" She could only reply with an affirmative bark.

HAHAHAHA!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Damn! This was good!(y)

Reaction score

lol and ewe

Reaction score
Chapter 5
He entered western Aleppo. It was his first time in Aleppo since their breakup.

He needed to inform his parents he was well and good – mainly alive. He needed to visit his little girl’s grave. Almost a year had past and he had not seen her.

It never felt so good being in his home city before. He passed by the debris and broken government buildings that bore the consequences of rebel attacks. From the rest of Syria, Aleppo suffered the least. At least, only from small now and then rebel attacks; compared to the rest of the country, which had suffered the daily bombardment from the regime. A year had passed; the city he had grown up in had changed so much. The atmosphere was tense and even though life went on as normal, there was a heavy military presence about. He was nervous and he only held onto the hope that his fake appearance would not be too obvious. His looks had definitely changed after a year in hiding.

He looked straight ahead and continued walking to his intended destination. A foreign looking face was bound to catch stares, though he would brave all to let his mother know he was safe and sound, even though it meant returning to Aleppo – the feared city.

He tried to walk on, and not notice the unnoticeable but memories came flooding back.

Of the day they met. Of the place he once called home; the woman he once loved so dearly, of his ‘little girl’...

She was a soldier, he an engineer. The moment he set his eyes on her, he knew that he wanted her. His friends and family advised him against it. But, love knew no limits. Despite what others said to them, they promised politics, religious differences and work would not get in their way. And so they chose to join hands and live together.

Life was good, except for the normal ups and downs of married life. They made sure that their family and religious differences did not affect their married life.

Life was complete, when his ‘little girl’ was born. Never, did his eyes set upon a child so beautiful, so content and captivating.

And when she turned four, she chose to publicly announce to the esteemed guests, at her birthday party, ‘I am Sunni like Daddy.’

For many, it was part of childhood and the guests cheered and clapped but for others it did not go down so well.

His thoughts were broken by a familiar voice in the crowd. He stopped. For a second he realised that they were staring at each other. Those blue eyes he had loved so much, which she had given to his little girl, locked in an intense stare. Even after all those years, her beauty still captured his heart. He had the urge to go up to her and hug her, let her know that he still loved her. Yet, he saw the unmistakable hatred in her eyes. He knew that she wanted to; no that she needed to scan him thoroughly, to confirm to her comrades that it was him, yet she could not muster the courage to keep looking. He had to get away as soon as possible; before she realised that her eyes were not deceiving her.

Reaction score
It was a gray day, the color of the sky made the day even more grim, but the bird didn't stop chirping melodious tunes. There were innocents, murderers, robbers, killers and even mere personalities walking outside the building, tackling with the problems of life. Showing fake expressions as if they were alright but in reality, it was a lie. The door in the room creaked, the person entered with a sigh. ''You thought you would get away from me didn't you?'' She said while smirking. She threw a heavy bag on the bed and came closer. The atmosphere was getting heavy but she boldly moved forward. ''Hahahaha!! I can't believe I left you, but don't worry , No force in this world can stop me from getting you.''
The windows suddenly opened and a cold breeze hit her face, she felt good. She came forward and sat on a chair, grinning.
''I'm home, my lovely anime''
She turned on the computer and started watching latest episode of her favorite anime!!!

Author's note: How was that? The story of my life? XD WAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Reaction score

If ''he'' is the owner of the dog or cat. how could he lean on her shoulder?