• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sharing my CIE A-level Chemistry notes [AS chapters completed]

Reaction score
Can any you PLEASE share AS level physics notes which thoroughly explains the chapter? Would be REALLY REALLY grateful to you.

Reaction score
Hello!
These notes would definitely come in handy ! Thank You! :)
Hope I'm not disturbing, but I wanted to ask if you perhaps have a link to the Edexcel AS Chemistry hodder publisher book..
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Sorry I don't make any notes for physics :(
:D
You have to complete Organic.Please Please. Just 16-19 because they are tricky chapters.
Chap 14 and 15 is not a problem because it covers basic organic things.

Try to complete it before March because most of the people will be having mocks in that month

Reaction score
Hi! I've decided to share the notes that I made for AS Chemistry so that everyone can benefit. I'm currently still working on it, I will upload more and more chapters as time goes on. So, please keep yourself updated(if you wanna!).

About the sources:
1) Well, I basically just compiled information from various sources(webs and books) and
arranged it according to CIE exam specification. Most of the texts and pictures/diagrams
came from the Internet, I do not own any of them.
2) I've referred to many sources so it's not possible for me to list them all. However, I do want
to list some major ones:
i. Chemguide: http://www.chemguide.co.uk/index.html#top
ii. Cambridge International AS/A Level Chemistry Coursebook
iii. Step-by-step A-Level Study Guide Chemistry
iv. 2015 syallabus for Cambridge International AS/A Level Chemistry 9701

I have decided to exclude most calculation examples, so you should find another source to practice the calculations, which are very essential indeed. My aim of making these notes is to provide you a REVISION source. If you are first time learning a topic, learn it from your teacher or the excellent Chemguide website(link provided above). After you have mastered the topic, read my notes to reinforce the main points.

And finally...
If you found any mistakes in my notes, do let me know. Even if it's a spelling error, I am willing to correct it.

Notes section

AS Chemistry:
CHAPTER 1: Atomic Structure
CHAPTER 2: Atoms, Molecules and Stoichiometry
CHAPTER 3: Electrons in Atoms
CHAPTER 4: Chemical Bonding
CHAPTER 5: States of Matter
CHAPTER 6: Chemical Energetics
CHAPTER 7: Redox Reactions and Electrolysis
CHAPTER 8: Chemical Equilibria
CHAPTER 9: Rate of Reaction
CHAPTER 10: Chemical Periodicity
CHAPTER 11: Group II
CHAPTER 12: Group VII
CHAPTER 13: Nitrogen and Sulfur
CHAPTER 14: Introduction to Organic Chemistry
CHAPTER 15: Hydrocarbons NEW!!
CHAPTER 16: Halogen Derivatives
CHAPTER 17: Hydroxyl Compounds
CHAPTER 18: Carbonyl Compounds
CHAPTER 19: Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives

A2 Chemistry:
CHAPTER 20: Lattice Energy NEXT!!
CHAPTER 21: Ionic Equilibria
CHAPTER 22: Reaction Kinetics
These notes are very helpful! But, with all thou respect, please upload them faster! Especially the A2 ones! thank you! :)

Reaction score
Thank u for the notes!
Can u please upload the organic chemistry topics a little bit faster? I have been waiting for them for about a week. Thank you :)

Reaction score
Hi! I've decided to share the notes that I made for AS Chemistry so that everyone can benefit. I'm currently still working on it, I will upload more and more chapters as time goes on. So, please keep yourself updated(if you wanna!).

About the sources:
1) Well, I basically just compiled information from various sources(webs and books) and
arranged it according to CIE exam specification. Most of the texts and pictures/diagrams
2) I've referred to many sources so it's not possible for me to list them all. However, I do want
to list some major ones:

I have decided to exclude most calculation examples, so you should find another source to practice the calculations, which are very essential indeed. My aim of making these notes is to provide you a REVISION source. If you are first time learning a topic, learn it from your teacher or the excellent Chemguide website(link provided above). After you have mastered the topic, read my notes to reinforce the main points.

And finally...
If you found any mistakes in my notes, do let me know. Even if it's a spelling error, I am willing to correct it.

Notes section

AS Chemistry:
CHAPTER 10: Chemical Periodicity Small correction
CHAPTER 15: Hydrocarbons
CHAPTER 17: Hydroxyl Compounds
CHAPTER 18: Carbonyl Compounds

A2 Chemistry:
CHAPTER 19: Lattice Energy NEW!!
thnx for ur notes.... btw when will u upload the last 2 chapters for as levels??

Reaction score
But what aboout the other 2 chapters in organic chem??? please upload them

Reaction score
TaKAshi96

Is it possible for you to make a short revision booklet for organic chemistry ?
All the possible reaction explained in the concised form, Just for a quick revision before the exams. :)

Reaction score
W

About the sources:
to list some major ones:

And finally...

Notes section

AS Chemistry:
CHAPTER 10: Chemical Periodicity
CHAPTER 15: Hydrocarbons
CHAPTER 17: Hydroxy Compounds
CHAPTER 18: Carbonyl Compounds NEW!!
CHAPTER 19: Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives

A2 Chemistry:
CHAPTER 20: Lattice Energy
CHAPTER 21: Electrode Potentials
CHAPTER 22: Ionic Equilibria NEW!!
CHAPTER 23: Reaction Kinetics
CHAPTER 24: Group IV
CHAPTER 25: Transition Elements NEW!!
CHAPTER 26: Benzene and Its Compounds

A2 chemistry has more chapters...like NMR, biochem, mass spectrometry, chromatography, partition coefficients...but good notes (y)