• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

RECHECK , REMARKING

Reaction score
has anyone tried rechecking their papers? did it improve your grade? and if it did then how significantly? wht grade was it before and what was it upgraded to?

Reaction score
has anyone tried rechecking their papers? did it improve your grade? and if it did then how significantly? wht grade was it before and what was it upgraded to?
Well my brother,s friend,in the prev year, had his pak std paper rechecked because he felt he did not get a fair grade.I believe he was the only one to have a paper recheck from his batch and he infact did get a grade improvement(B to A).Important thing is definitely that one has to be sure of/ have good confidence that there is something wrong with the grades.Check the paper,ur answers(if u remember correctly) and tally them with the MS very fairly,no bias for urself, because that would be for your own good.Apparently, this year that same guy will, in most likelihood, send his phy paper for a recheck after confirming the answer from MS after which he felt that he shouldn,t have gotten that grade(dont know what that grade is exactly but i think it,s B) .So yeah that speaks for his confidence and i hope you are confident enough that u think ur paper deserved a better grade as well.If you do plan to recheck ur paper(s), then i hope it works out for you and that you get a better grade.Do check the thresholds too for this year .Things to check:paper,Mark scheme,your memory and grade thresholds.

Reaction score
Well my brother,s friend,in the prev year, had his pak std paper rechecked because he felt he did not get a fair grade.I believe he was the only one to have a paper recheck from his batch and he infact did get a grade improvement(B to A).Important thing is definitely that one has to be sure of/ have good confidence that there is something wrong with the grades.Check the paper,ur answers(if u remember correctly) and tally them with the MS very fairly,no bias for urself, because that would be for your own good.Apparently, this year that same guy will, in most likelihood, send his phy paper for a recheck after confirming the answer from MS after which he felt that he shouldn,t have gotten that grade(dont know what that grade is exactly but i think it,s B) .So yeah that speaks for his confidence and i hope you are confident enough that u think ur paper deserved a better grade as well.If you do plan to recheck ur paper(s), then i hope it works out for you and that you get a better grade.Do check the thresholds too for this year .Things to check:paper,Mark scheme,your memory and grade thresholds.
okay thank you, i am a 100% sure that my grades are incorrect because they gave me Cs in all of my exams yet i hardly did any mistakes worth 20 marks, do you have any idea if they can increase the grades more than B or even A? like my exams were perfectly correct i know what i wrote, :(:(:(

Reaction score
okay thank you, i am a 100% sure that my grades are incorrect because they gave me Cs in all of my exams yet i hardly did any mistakes worth 20 marks, do you have any idea if they can increase the grades more than B or even A? like my exams were perfectly correct i know what i wrote, :(:(:(
What were ur grades if u dont mind telling in the other subs and the one sub or subs u want to recheck?I mean if there is a vast disparity between them then it might mean sth else than rechecking ,mismanagement perhaps but that is assuming that the grades were wrong (in ur view) in more than 2 subs of urs .But if u r still sure, i,d say to get them rechecked.Have u confirmed with mark scheme and reviewed the gts of those concerned subs ?

Reaction score
they gave me an A* in economics and C in rest of my subjects :(:( (even in business,commerce ad environmental manaagement) i was expecting A*s in all of my subs except maths, the others were chem,phy,english langauge and literature, i didnt match from mark schemes or threshold as i didnt find them anywhere, but i know what i did, i wrote everything according to the mark scheme, and i know it would make an A, but im afraid that they wont increase the gade so significantly even if they recheck :( i will only go for a recheck in commerce business and env, as each of these is gonna cost 18k already
What were ur grades if u dont mind telling in the other subs and the one sub or subs u want to recheck?I mean if there is a vast disparity between them then it might mean sth else than rechecking ,mismanagement perhaps but that is assuming that the grades were wrong (in ur view) in more than 2 subs of urs .But if u r still sure, i,d say to get them rechecked.Have u confirmed with mark scheme and reviewed the gts of those concerned subs ?

Reaction score
they gave me an A* in economics and C in rest of my subjects :(:( (even in business,commerce ad environmental manaagement) i was expecting A*s in all of my subs except maths, the others were chem,phy,english langauge and literature, i didnt match from mark schemes or threshold as i didnt find them anywhere, but i know what i did, i wrote everything according to the mark scheme, and i know it would make an A, but im afraid that they wont increase the gade so significantly even if they recheck :( i will only go for a recheck in commerce business and env, as each of these is gonna cost 18k already
well tht is certainly very unexpected!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8IFY4QZ6NtbSlY2RGpoWF9VcGs use this link for ur marking schemes..if u r on facebook..then type O/A Level Resources .on that page u,ll find the gts and question papers and mark schemes.... I honestly do not know what to say regarding this now tht u have shown ur results..I mean a student with an A* in any sub cant possibly have such low grades in other subs,unless he/she puts does wrong himself ,which is clearly not your case.I mean if i was in ur place ,i d be absolutely distraught right now,I mean with expecting straight A*s and getting these grades.Sorry i dont have much useful info to say abt this surprising case,which has transpired.However, the best thing u cud do in this case in my opinion is to contact ur school .They should definitely help you out (I mean they should).I mean this is absolutely surprising.Your school should definitely convey this to cambridge.You had similar results throughout ur 3 years in olvls in school as well right ? If that doesnt give any substantial and quick response then i guess recheck(do write a corresponding note regarding ur situation as well in that case) .after reading these MS however, do give urself another honest reevaluation

Reaction score

Hi. Personally, I don't know much about recheck as I never did it nor I know anybody with rerecheck experience. I just want to suggest you that go for ''Review of marking and clerical re-check with a copy of the scripts'' re-check option (if you strongly believe that your grades will improve) as they'll send copy of script to you as well so they cannot cheat with you in rechecking as well :p. + your fee will be refunded if the grades does improve. InshALLAH

Attachments

• enquiry_about_result_ear_form_may_june_2016_0.doc
    186 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
I did give my a level in 3 subjects eco, socio and english language but I was graded U's in all the subject and I do not know what happened to CIE and how they marked my papers. Really disappointed!!! Please help me as I want to go for remarking. Could you please help me with remarking and how was your remarking gone? I saw that you did try to go for remarking in 2016 did you remarked all your paprs and did your grades went up?

Reply me please. I need your help :(