• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

private candidate for urdu, islamiyat and pak studies

Reaction score
hi guys.
my name is madiha. i am super new here. you lot seem quite helpful. please pleasseee help me. i am appearing privately for pakistan studies, urdu and islamiyat o levels in jun 2013. i have no idea where to begin. which books or notes to purchase and how to plan my studies. please give me a guideline on how to plan for these exams. bear in mind i have about 2 and half months only :D

p.s. please dont scare me with 'theres no way you can study and pass in 2 months'. dil buht nazuk hai :p

Reaction score
hi guys.
my name is madiha. i am super new here. you lot seem quite helpful. please pleasseee help me. i am appearing privately for pakistan studies, urdu and islamiyat o levels in jun 2013. i have no idea where to begin. which books or notes to purchase and how to plan my studies. please give me a guideline on how to plan for these exams. bear in mind i have about 2 and half months only :D

p.s. please dont scare me with 'theres no way you can study and pass in 2 months'. dil buht nazuk hai :p

''You can absolutely study and not only pass but score A*s in 2 months''.

Don't be nervous. It'll drive you crazy. CIE Olevel is not that hard , all you need is a little hard work , and it's that big a deal.

As for the books :

Environment of Pakistan - Huma Naz Sethi
History of Pakistan - Nigel Kelly

For islamiat , use this book :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19498851/Mastering-OLevel-Islamiyat

This might help you in your preparation :
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-notes-center.11138/

Reaction score
You can study and get good grades, two months is enough if you study seriously :)
Books:
Pakistan Studies: History and culture of pakistan by nigel kelly (for paper 1) and Environment of Pakistan (for paper 2).
Urdu: Urdu syllabus B by Amir Waheed Qamr
Islamiyat: Islamiat for olevel by Farkhanda noor muhammad, Islam in Modern perspective by Aisha Tariq

Reaction score
hi guys.

Books for History:
History and Cuture of Pakistan by Nigel Kelly
Historical and Contemporary look by Farooq Naseem Bajwa

Books for Geography:
Environment of Pakistan by Huma Naz Sethi

Books for Islamiat:
Islamiat by farkhanda Noor Muhammad
Islamiat by Dr. Iftikhar ul Haq and Maulvi Jahangir
Islamiat by David Thomas and Mustafa Draper

Prctice questions from past papers and also see the Marking Schemes

Inn Shaa Allah you will get A* in all subjects

BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
Hey. I am a bit new here and I need a little help regarding O Levels.
Firstly, I want to ask that if someone has appeared for O level exams in Oct/Nov as a private british council candidate does he/she has a chance in getting a distinction? Secondly, what exactly is the criteria of a distinction? is A* a distinction? Like if u get an A* means its a distinction or what? Thirdly, how does cambridge mark on Urdu A (O-levels) and Sciences subjects and English Language ( O-Levels). Can anyone give me an tips regarding english? Like anything I have to be careful about while attempting the paper. Also, I heard that if your writing is not perfectly neat (illigible still), the examiner deducts your marks. how true is that? Lastly. I want to take tuitions for chemistry. I heard sir. KRC is very good. the academy where he teaches is like really close to my house so I am considering him. If someone has been his student, can they tell me what type of a teacher he is? Just to have a general idea so i know that my decision is right since i am pretty bad in chem and need help. i know, lots of questions. :p sorry. but i really need help. please be kind enough to reply. thank youu

Reaction score
guys thank you so much for your help. I will def try and study from all the books you guys have mentioned. thanks very much :) god bless

Reaction score
Books for History:
History and Cuture of Pakistan by Nigel Kelly
Historical and Contemporary look by Farooq Naseem Bajwa

Books for Geography:
Environment of Pakistan by Huma Naz Sethi

Books for Islamiat:
Islamiat by farkhanda Noor Muhammad
Islamiat by Dr. Iftikhar ul Haq and Maulvi Jahangir
Islamiat by David Thomas and Mustafa Draper

Prctice questions from past papers and also see the Marking Schemes

Inn Shaa Allah you will get A* in all subjects