• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparing for the SAT Reasoning Test

Reaction score
how long does it take to prepare for SAT1
can i give it in Jan 26 if i start preparing now considering i'm good in English?

Reaction score
my math was quite average, but my english wasn't that good.. i mean it wasn't that bad either, but after studying from Pacans academy i was so good in english, it was also my own hard work as i memorized all the vocabulary lift but thats not it. i was quite weak in critical thinking. so all cause of Pacans i ended up getting a 1480 score with is a really big deal for me! so thank you pacans. and i hope it helps you too!! bless you

Reaction score
my math was quite average, but my english wasn't that good.. i mean it wasn't that bad either, but after studying from Pacans academy i was so good in english, it was also my own hard work as i memorized all the vocabulary lift but thats not it. i was quite weak in critical thinking. so all cause of Pacans i ended up getting a 1480 score with is a really big deal for me! so thank you pacans. and i hope it helps you too!! bless you
did you get 1480 out of 1600 in english section or out of 2400?

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why everyone here is doing the SAT. I mean why doesn't anyone else do the ACT? It's an equivalent qualification to the SAT-I and you don't receive guessing penalties! The science section in it is easy too and plus, the writing section is optional and most universities in my country don't require the writing ^.^ Please pardon me if it seems like I'm posting something irrelevant but I didn't know where I could post this, I'm just curious as to why no one's considering the ACT.
Yeah good point, But i think most of the universties accept SAT rather then ACT, I am not sure about it. How is ACT better as compared to SAT1, like i heard SAT1 is messy and pretty hard to do in very limited time. So i require more info about this test

Reaction score
Yeah good point, But i think most of the universties accept SAT rather then ACT, I am not sure about it. How is ACT better as compared to SAT1, like i heard SAT1 is messy and pretty hard to do in very limited time. So i require more info about this test

SAT1 is equivalent to the ACT so there's not much difference. I've done both. The only considerable difference is that the math content required for ACT slightly more. Reading for the ACT is generally easier with less complex passages (but tighter time). English seciton for the ACT is a lot easier because it doesn't test vocabulary and only general English knowledge e.g. sentence structure and grammar. ACT also has Science section whereas SAT1 doesn't. SAT1 has mandatory writing whereas in the ACT it's optional based on university requirements. I honestly think overall that it is easier than the SAT1. Most American universities accept either SAT or ACT so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Reaction score
how long does it take to prepare for SAT1
can i give it in Jan 26 if i start preparing now considering i'm good in English?
Hm... maybe, although I think it'll take you a slightly longer amount of time to fully prepare for it than that. 3 months from scratch would probably be good, but it also depends on how much time you are willing to dedicate every day. It's not just about English, but about History, Math, creativity, etc. For the essay writing section you need to come up with good examples relevant to the topic. You'll also want to do a lot of practice to familiarize yourself with the test. But if you invest like 2-3 hours per day then you could register for the Jan 26 SAT. I think you should if you plan to give the SAT again later onwards.

Reaction score
My credit card is not being processed! I've being trying for two days, but it just won't get processed! Argh!
Help, anybody?

Reaction score
Do the collegeboard one and princeton review first
If you still want to do more practise then barrons (its the hardest and the paper is usually not that difficult)
Do princeton review word smart for the words. Doing Word smart 1 is a must, 2 is your choice

Ive got two ebooks
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/grammarfocus-pdf.17007/
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/grammar-pdf.17006/

SAT essay
Im quoting a senior about the advice he gave me about SAT essay (ive edited it a bit)
"""alright, first thing you need to think about is that in the SAT, people who fill in BOTH sides of the essay sheet fully, and I mean till the very last line, have a significantly higher chance of scoring a 9+ than those who don't. I doubt this particular essay is sufficiently long. lengthen it, I'm sure you have more argumentation/ examples to add. learn to fill in both sheets within the 20 odd minutes you get for the essay.

I like how you've given both sides of the story (agreeing and disagreeing with the topic) and then chosen to give your conclusion in the end. This pattern is critical; stick to it. It's always smart to give both sides of the story in the essay. But right now, your paragraphs are a blotch of arguments and essays arranged in an amorphous way. I'd like for you to state the argument, flesh it out with plenty of analysis and then explicitly quote examples. Also, the examples you quote are general. Although they will do fine, it'll help your cause even more to add some degree of specificity to them (a company that was involved in price fixing, maybe? Saying that companies fix prices without giving examples is a bit vague)
Also, if you've given one example from everyday happenings, it'd help to give one from literature, one from history, etc. (two literature examples or two history examples won't be as beneficial)"""

Personal examples are the least preferred. History and literature are the best. 4-5 paragraphs
1 intro
2 and possibly 3 agreeing with statement
3 and/or 4 disagreeing with statement
5 is conclusion. Conclusion can be like I agree to the topic to this extent but i dont agree with this

For example a conclusion can be ......"I agree with people enjoying personal freedoms BUT i disapprove that freedom should be given to such an extent that it interferes with other people's freedom..... "

I wont honestly recommend any books for essay. Practise 3-5 essays, show it to seniors. Focus on Maths and Reading and other things mainly

Reaction score
and make sure that there is NO difference in your name online and on your passport
No difference in date of birth

And make sure passport IS NOT EXPIRED

Reaction score
If you still want to do more practise then barrons (its the hardest and the paper is usually not that difficult)
Do princeton review word smart for the words. Doing Word smart 1 is a must, 2 is your choice

Ive got two ebooks

SAT essay
Im quoting a senior about the advice he gave me about SAT essay (ive edited it a bit)
"""alright, first thing you need to think about is that in the SAT, people who fill in BOTH sides of the essay sheet fully, and I mean till the very last line, have a significantly higher chance of scoring a 9+ than those who don't. I doubt this particular essay is sufficiently long. lengthen it, I'm sure you have more argumentation/ examples to add. learn to fill in both sheets within the 20 odd minutes you get for the essay.

I like how you've given both sides of the story (agreeing and disagreeing with the topic) and then chosen to give your conclusion in the end. This pattern is critical; stick to it. It's always smart to give both sides of the story in the essay. But right now, your paragraphs are a blotch of arguments and essays arranged in an amorphous way. I'd like for you to state the argument, flesh it out with plenty of analysis and then explicitly quote examples. Also, the examples you quote are general. Although they will do fine, it'll help your cause even more to add some degree of specificity to them (a company that was involved in price fixing, maybe? Saying that companies fix prices without giving examples is a bit vague)
Also, if you've given one example from everyday happenings, it'd help to give one from literature, one from history, etc. (two literature examples or two history examples won't be as beneficial)"""

Personal examples are the least preferred. History and literature are the best. 4-5 paragraphs
1 intro
5 is conclusion. Conclusion can be like I agree to the topic to this extent but i dont agree with this

For example a conclusion can be ......"I agree with people enjoying personal freedoms BUT i disapprove that freedom should be given to such an extent that it interferes with other people's freedom..... "

I wont honestly recommend any books for essay. Practise 3-5 essays, show it to seniors. Focus on Maths and Reading and other things mainly
Yeah your definately right, im not gona worry about writing, because while im preparing for reading, my vocab is gona get better anyway, so im jus gona focus on the writing skills, and the rest two sections of the exam :) Thankyou so much for this. When is the best time to apply for SAT, if you plan on giving it somewhere in march?

Reaction score
you should register 2 months before
Seats are limited and centres are limited ( you may not find one in ur city if ur late)

Check listings of months when SAT is available in Pakistan. Its only a few months (check their website and chose Pakistan)

Reaction score
I took my SAT on dec 1st, and got my result
I'm not too happy with them..I got a 1780 =(
But I fit the accepted range for the colleges taht I'm applying too
Deadline's at end of Jan which means I can only take one exm
which should I do!??!
Should I try out for SAT I again, or should I give a SAT II subject test??
PLEASEE help me, I also need to start studying for my A2 finals, but idk what to do.
sat II are not required by my uni, just recommended.
PLEASE HELP!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
which should I do!??!
PLEASEE help me, I also need to start studying for my A2 finals, but idk what to do.
PLEASE HELP!!

Give SAT-I again.

Reaction score
which should I do!??!
PLEASE HELP!!
SAT 1 again

They arent going to decide admission on sat2. The admission is going to be based on SAT1. Give SAT1 again

NIM

Reaction score
which centers in Pakistan provide Sat exams??? mainly in islamabad

Reaction score
which centers in Pakistan provide Sat exams??? mainly in islamabad

u have to check collegeboard website for that

Centres can change on monthly basis so check their website and see for islamabad. Register early

Make sure ur passsport IS NOT EXPIRED
THERE SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENCE IN NAME ON PASSPORT AND WHAT U ENTER ONLINE DURING REGISTRATION

Ive got two ebooks

SAT essay

1 intro