• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

preparing for MCAT..help me??

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum guys..i am doing my a-levels now..but plan to do Medicine in KPK...so i wanna prepare frm now itself..i need ur help with the books..can u name some FSc booka and also MCAT preparation booka which i need to study..the good ones plz,,thanx alooooooooooooooooooot..in advance.(y)

Reaction score
too late 4 a response,
i had the very same Q,now im working on it.
i dont have much experience as im in A2,looking forward 2 MCAT too
but all i can do is refer u this site
http://medstudentz.com/....u can always get ur doubts clear by askin or viewin forums related to ur Qs on this site.

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum guys..i am doing my a-levels now..but plan to do Medicine in KPK...so i wanna prepare frm now itself..i need ur help with the books..can u name some FSc booka and also MCAT preparation booka which i need to study..the good ones plz,,thanx alooooooooooooooooooot..in advance.(y)

Material to study for MCAT as per my cousins advice who secured 974 marks:

1. FSc Part 1 and 2 Punjab Textbook board books of biology, chemistry, physics and English.
2. Kips Entry Test Series (KETS). Most useful was KIPS Supplementary book. Other three books of
KETS Bio, Phy, Chem and English weren't that useful. To get these books, joining KIPS academy is
mandatory. You could try borrowing from any senior who attended KIPS.
3. One or two of the following MCQ book series for practice; Jahangir, Caravan, Ilmi or Dogar.
4. Get a hold of MCAT past 5 years papers and practice them.

Just stick to UHS MCAT syllabus and study only those topics from fsc books. Some topics are also covered in KETS Supplementary book. The best solution is to jot down all the required pages from fsc books, photocopy them and make booklets. They'll help with revision too. Also start learning the 875 English vocabulary word list given with meanings in KETS English book. Practice mcq books and past papers and you're good to go.

Reaction score
too late 4 a response,
i had the very same Q,now im working on it.
i dont have much experience as im in A2,looking forward 2 MCAT too
but all i can do is refer u this site
http://medstudentz.com/....u can always get ur doubts clear by askin or viewin forums related to ur Qs on this site.
my response is even later than urs..sorry..btw thanx alooot..this is site is jst awsusm.

Reaction score
Material to study for MCAT as per my cousins advice who secured 974 marks:

1. FSc Part 1 and 2 Punjab Textbook board books of biology, chemistry, physics and English.
2. Kips Entry Test Series (KETS). Most useful was KIPS Supplementary book. Other three books of
KETS Bio, Phy, Chem and English weren't that useful. To get these books, joining KIPS academy is
mandatory. You could try borrowing from any senior who attended KIPS.
3. One or two of the following MCQ book series for practice; Jahangir, Caravan, Ilmi or Dogar.
4. Get a hold of MCAT past 5 years papers and practice them.

Just stick to UHS MCAT syllabus and study only those topics from fsc books. Some topics are also covered in KETS Supplementary book. The best solution is to jot down all the required pages from fsc books, photocopy them and make booklets. They'll help with revision too. Also start learning the 875 English vocabulary word list given with meanings in KETS English book. Practice mcq books and past papers and you're good to go.
:eek:mashaAlla sis..this info is just tooooo gud..tooo gud,..thanx alllooot..u just solved a really big problem..really appreciate it

Reaction score
:eek:mashaAlla sis..this info is just tooooo gud..tooo gud,..thanx alllooot..u just solved a really big problem..really appreciate it

Jazak Allah khair. You're welcome, glad it helped. :) If you like, you can contact my cousin on Medstudentz (ID rizwan94) who can guide you even better.

Reaction score
Jazak Allah khair. You're welcome, glad it helped. :) If you like, you can contact my cousin on Medstudentz (ID rizwan94) who can guide you even better.
thanx alooooooooot..this is sooo damn helpful..beleive me..if i get into medical inshaAllah..its cz of ur help..thanx sis.

Reaction score
thanx alooooooooot..this is sooo damn helpful..beleive me..if i get into medical inshaAllah..its cz of ur help..thanx sis.
Welcome. But more importantly, it will depend on your hard work and determination. InshaAllah you'll make it to your desired medical school.

All the best with your studies! :)

Reaction score
Welcome. But more importantly, it will depend on your hard work and determination. InshaAllah you'll make it to your desired medical school.

All the best with your studies! :)
inshaAllah wid ur duas nd ofc my hard work :\ ..jazakAllah khair sis. BarakAllah feek..

Reaction score
assalam u alikum. i need a help regarding syllabus. do we have to do only the learning outcomes mentioned in syllabus from fsc books or read the concerned chapter completely ??

Reaction score
assalam u alikum. i need a help regarding syllabus. do we have to do only the learning outcomes mentioned in syllabus from fsc books or read the concerned chapter completely ??
wsalam

well im not sure as to what you mean. Follow the syllabus to the point.

Reaction score
Read it all but concentrate the rote learning on the syllabus objectives.

Reaction score
can i purchase those booklets he made :S

You'll need to ask him, sorry. But, you can prepare them yourself too, just correlate the topics in the FSc books to the learning outcomes in the UHS syllabus. If you aren't an FSc student, it helps to read the whole chapter first and then concentrate solely on the UHS syllabus topics. Hope this helps and apologizes for a late reply.