• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pre released material/Scientific article June 2014 (A2 biology EDEXCEL)

Reaction score
Hi/Salaams,

If anyone has got edexcels pre released material / scientific aticle for the June 2014 A2 biology exam could you please upload it here?
Many thanks!! JazakAllahKhair!!!!

Reaction score
Hello.

Is the IAL scientific article different from the GCE one? Cuz I saw on the Edexcel website that both have the same specifications and the only change is the name of the exam (IAL as opposed to GCE A levels). But I have seen both articles, and the IAL one is on "COPD" while the GCE one is on "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks".

IAL June 2014 Scientific Article: https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...logy_wbi05_01_scientific-article-1-pdf.37705/
GCE A2 June 2014 Scientific Article: www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=273612&d=1395592081

Does anyone know anything about this?

Reaction score
Hello.

Is the IAL scientific article different from the GCE one? Cuz I saw on the Edexcel website that both have the same specifications and the only change is the name of the exam (IAL as opposed to GCE A levels). But I have seen both articles, and the IAL one is on "COPD" while the GCE one is on "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks".

IAL June 2014 Scientific Article: https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...logy_wbi05_01_scientific-article-1-pdf.37705/
GCE A2 June 2014 Scientific Article: www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=273612&d=1395592081

Does anyone know anything about this?

Are you an international candidate? If yes- then you are taking IAL Biology, therefore your article is the COPD one. If No -your article is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Cross check the "reference code" on the ARTICLE with the "reference code" on your EXAM ENTRY FORM.

Reaction score
Are you an international candidate? If yes- then you are taking IAL Biology, therefore your article is the COPD one. If No -your article is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Cross check the "reference code" on the ARTICLE with the "reference code" on your EXAM ENTRY FORM.
Thanks, I'll check my statement of entry just to be sure (when I get it). So this definitely means IAL and GCE Unit 5 exams are going to be totally different? But how come the Edexcel page for IAL says they'll be the same. Weird. Does this mean the other bio units will be different for IAL and GCE?

Reaction score
Hey guys first of all thanks for uploading the scientific article. :) But there is one problem. The scientific article isn't properly posted by edexcel. Did you notice that big text written on it. Its quite disturbing. Its getting difficult to read the article thoroughly, because some of the words get hidden under that big text. what should we do then? :(

Reaction score
If you open the file in Acrobat Reader, it should appear as normal (without the red lines). It was the same with last year's paper, apparently.

Reaction score
This is something we were given to help us prepare with this - it isn't menat to be the questions you will get, but just something to help us think about the other topics that may come up. Hope its useful.

Attachments

• Scientific Article June 2014 Questions Pt 1.docx
    97.7 KB · Views: 577
Reaction score
This is something we were given to help us prepare with this - it isn't menat to be the questions you will get, but just something to help us think about the other topics that may come up. Hope its useful.

Nice questions and thank you for posting it here. You didn't include any question about :
-Risk, benefit and ethical issue related to the various method of treating COPD
-Gene therapy / genetic engineering
-Gene mutation and it effect on protien
-Gene expression and protein synthesis
------

Reaction score
Yes, you're right. We got another lot of questions this week - they have some of the topics youve mentioned. Hope you find them useful - really have to know stuff from AS too!!:confused: This is gonna be a killer question!!!

Attachments

• Scientific Article June 2014 Questions Pt 2.docx
    148.5 KB · Views: 476
Reaction score
Yes, you're right. We got another lot of questions this week - they have some of the topics youve mentioned. Hope you find them useful - really have to know stuff from AS too!!:confused: This is gonna be a killer question!!!

Bravo!, I like theses questions, they are more like Edexcel exam questions.

Reaction score
Yes , we found these ones harder to answer. So many crazy things they can just pull in!!! And we don't even know if the actual quiestions will be like these at all!!! :eek: I'm not liking this paper much!! If we get any feedback Ill try and post it here too.

Reaction score
Here are the answers to the first lot of questions we were given. Let me know if some don't make sense as they were just the marking points that ew were given. Some might take a bit of expalining. I will try and post the second lot if we get them and have gone through them in class.

Attachments

• Scientific Article June 2014 Questions and Answers 1.docx
    107 KB · Views: 463
Reaction score
WAIT THIS LOOKS INTENSE, AND HARD ughh why does edexcel have to give us these weird topics :(