• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Practical Help needed.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi Girls and boys.
I want the list of practicals of Physics and Chemistry.
As I don't know which practicals to perform.
Our school doesn't have Practical teachers, so I need list what practicals to work on.
Thanks in advance.

Suchal Riaz
ZaqZainab
usama321
asma tareen
unique111
student8
sagar65265
AbbbbY
sudeep1097
Alazne Diamond
robinhoodmustafa
sma786
midha.ch
NaNinG
ahmed abdulla
Ushnaaa
mehria
sitooon
Karim Nabil
daredevil
Namehere
And all others Help me ASAP!

for chemistry
Types of Titration
Enthalpy change
Rate of reaction
And the most imp. one is Salt Analysis

Reaction score
Thanks only 4 practicals to practice ?
And what about physics ? :)
Measurements
Electricity
Graphs
this are some of them we have practiced yet
i found this on the internet i hope it helps

Things which carry the most marks:
- The limitations/suggestions. They're worth a whopping 20% of the entire practical paper. One set of answers is always "there's only 2 readings which aren't enough, etc", but others will require some thinking. While doing the experiment, consider the limitations or difficulties you're facing and you should automatically come up with suggestions. For example: friction affecting a needle, difficult in doing X and Y at the same time, wind from a fan affecting results, etc. Check out common answers from the practical past papers.

- Tables (in question 1). They're usually worth an easy 10 marks or so. With enough practice it should be cake to make a table with the right headings, units, significant figures and six proper readings. Don't worry too much about the accuracy of the values - there is usually a wide range of values acceptable. If you have the trend right then odds are you will get accuracy marks as well.

- The graph is worth 4 marks, of which 3 should be easy to obtain. 1 is for the X and Y axises along with their units, 1 is for a proper shape, 1 is for proper values in the X and Y axises, and 1 is for the gradient. Other minuet details like writing "False Origin" on a graph that doesn't start from (0,0) and small, sensible crosses/circles to plot points matter too, but not by much. Practice making the graph.

- Don't forget to add units to your answers. It's a very common mistake people make and they lose marks just like that. If your answer is right but lacks a unit (or has a wrong unit) you won't get any marks for that question. Never forget adding the unit!

- There's a question in Q2 that involves comparing your 1st experiment with your 2nd one. Those are also easy marks. The % difference is (k2 - k1) / k2 multiplied by 100, where k2 is the larger k value. If the % difference is within 10-15%, you can safely say "X is proportional to Y" or whatever.

- If you cannot set up the apparatus and have been trying to do so for like 30 minutes, just ask the supervisor to help you out. You only lose 1 mark, 2 if you need major help. 1-2 marks isn't much and you're guaranteed to get accurate values.

- Lastly, make sure you have practiced enough with different apparatus. Most of the time it's just cakey electrical circuit and a pendulum but sometimes they add in weird things too.

The practical is honestly really easy - that's why the GT for it is usually high (31-32 / 40 for an A).

Reaction score
Measurements
Electricity
Graphs
this are some of them we have practiced yet
i found this on the internet i hope it helps

Things which carry the most marks:
- The limitations/suggestions. They're worth a whopping 20% of the entire practical paper. One set of answers is always "there's only 2 readings which aren't enough, etc", but others will require some thinking. While doing the experiment, consider the limitations or difficulties you're facing and you should automatically come up with suggestions. For example: friction affecting a needle, difficult in doing X and Y at the same time, wind from a fan affecting results, etc. Check out common answers from the practical past papers.

- Tables (in question 1). They're usually worth an easy 10 marks or so. With enough practice it should be cake to make a table with the right headings, units, significant figures and six proper readings. Don't worry too much about the accuracy of the values - there is usually a wide range of values acceptable. If you have the trend right then odds are you will get accuracy marks as well.

- The graph is worth 4 marks, of which 3 should be easy to obtain. 1 is for the X and Y axises along with their units, 1 is for a proper shape, 1 is for proper values in the X and Y axises, and 1 is for the gradient. Other minuet details like writing "False Origin" on a graph that doesn't start from (0,0) and small, sensible crosses/circles to plot points matter too, but not by much. Practice making the graph.

- Don't forget to add units to your answers. It's a very common mistake people make and they lose marks just like that. If your answer is right but lacks a unit (or has a wrong unit) you won't get any marks for that question. Never forget adding the unit!

- There's a question in Q2 that involves comparing your 1st experiment with your 2nd one. Those are also easy marks. The % difference is (k2 - k1) / k2 multiplied by 100, where k2 is the larger k value. If the % difference is within 10-15%, you can safely say "X is proportional to Y" or whatever.

- If you cannot set up the apparatus and have been trying to do so for like 30 minutes, just ask the supervisor to help you out. You only lose 1 mark, 2 if you need major help. 1-2 marks isn't much and you're guaranteed to get accurate values.

- Lastly, make sure you have practiced enough with different apparatus. Most of the time it's just cakey electrical circuit and a pendulum but sometimes they add in weird things too.

The practical is honestly really easy - that's why the GT for it is usually high (31-32 / 40 for an A).

Reaction score
i don't know which type of paper will come. Maybe some centres have given hints to their students about the forthcoming practicals but if you don't know what is come in practical and want to practice, make sure you work on all kinds of practicals.
I have done more than 15 practicals through out my course. i have lost a few of them. so i have about 15 practical papers with me out of which 4 were done in last two weeks.
I gave the lab attendants the instruction for the practicals to be done; I find either tricky or unique papers to do. By my limited experience I would advice you to do those papers of chemistry at least.
these papers are listed in descending order of priority and significance.
  1. s13/34 i would advice you to must do this paper due to a lengthy question one, set on enthalpy change, as well as equally lengthy titration.
  2. this paper can be considered my guess paper
  3. http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s09_qp_32.pdf
  4. s10/33 another 'must do' paper due to its question number 1
  5. s10 paper 35 has a very difficult to manage question number 1.
  6. s13/33 reason: enthalpy change, titration in same paper
  7. w13 paper 31 reason: a question on titration as well as on removing water from hydrated salt.
  8. s12/33 reason: a little tricky question number 2 (ion testing)
  9. w13/34 reason it has 3 question instead of 2 question and second question is not a common kind of question asked.
If you do these papers you would have come across almost all kinds of questions. one is left. i don't remember and can't find it so i am going to tell you about it.
a solid is given to you. add that in a boiling tube and add about 2 cm3 of ethanol with few drops of dilute sulfuric acid. keep on stirring. once all of the solid is dissolved in ethanol (ethanol will start to boil so heat very gently and keep on stirring)
you are, then, asked to put the contents of test tube in a 250 cm3 beaker and half-filled by water. no test is needed. you are just asked to write the observation. most people ignored the observation. it was neither color change or any ppt. the observation was a fruity smell(which was like a rotted apple).
now you are asked to write which kind of chemical is that solid. obviously a carboxylic acid.

Reaction score
i don't know which type of paper will come. Maybe some centres would have given hints to their students about the forthcoming practicals but if you want to practice, make sure you work on all kinds of practicals.
I have more than 15 practicals through out my course. i have lost a few of them. so i have about 15 practical papers with me out of which 4 were done in last two weeks.
As I gave the lab attendants the instruction for the papers which I found either tricky or unique in some sense, I would advice you to do those papers of chemistry at least.
these papers are listed in descending order of priority and significance.
  1. s13/34 i would advice you to must do this paper due to a lengthy question one, set on enthalpy change, as well as equally lengthy titration.
  2. this paper can be considered my guess paper
  3. http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s09_qp_32.pdf
  4. s10/33 another 'must do' paper due to its question number 1
  5. s10 paper 35 has a very difficult to manage question number 1.
  6. s13/33 reason: enthalpy change, titration in same paper
  7. w13 paper 31 reason: a question on titration as well as on removing water from hydrated salt.
  8. s12/33 reason: a little tricky question number 2 (ion testing)
  9. w13/34 reason it has 3 question instead of 2 question and second question is not a common kind of question asked.
If you do these papers you would have come across almost all kinds of questions. one is left. i don't remember and can't find it so i am going to tell you about it.
a solid is given to you. add that in a boiling tube and add about 2 cm3 of ethanol with few drops of dilute sulfuric acid. keep on stirring. once all of the solid is dissolved in ethanol (ethanol will start to boil so heat very gently and keep on stirring)
you are, then, asked to put the contents of test tube in a 250 cm3 beaker and half-filled by water. no test is needed. you are just asked to write the observation. most people ignored the observation. it was neither color change or any ppt. the observation was a fruity smell(which was like a rotted apple).
now you are asked to write which kind of chemical is that solid. obviously a carboxylic acid.

Reaction score
for physics do any practical paper. they all are same. but again try to do different kinds of papers. but focus on electricity more.
most important thing is to read mark scheme after the paper and try to improve your working, presentation, analysis and evaluation skills. there is only one or two accuracy marks. so you would get little benefit if you have skills to do practical accurately but don't know how to do rest of the paper.

Reaction score
for physics do any practical paper. they all are same. but again try to do different kinds of papers. but focus on electricity more.
most important thing is to read mark scheme after the paper and try to improve your working, presentation, analysis and evaluation skills. there is only one or two accuracy marks. so you would get little benefit if you have skills to do practical accurately but don't know how to do rest of the paper.
Thanks ;)

N.M

Reaction score
AsSalamu Alaikum, although did A levels last year but I don't exactly remember the practicals n the questions asked, :p thanks for tagging Rutzaba :p but yeah few basic things...
For chem do salt analysis, enthalpy change, crystallisation etc... N for phx 2 questions are asked, u need to make a table perform observation, pendulum related are usually asked,then plot a graph n best fit line n al...
Search for threads here at xpc.... N practical notes were also uploaded by ppl here, we're very very helpful.

Reaction score
sachal riaz can u plz download ur solved physics and chemistry practicals so we can see them.