• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
i have heard that there are many below average people too in lums with Ds and Cs in olevels and below average acdmc background.is it true?if it is tou how do these people get in?

People with atleast 75% of numbers in FSc and matric get there.

Reaction score
yar how many rounds ov admissions are there ....and is tis the 2nd batch or 2nd round ov admission. cuz there are 4 batches in lums and 2 rounds ov admissions..so wot basically is it ...and did every f.a student get a col ..i mean i ve sent all possible documents ..and i havnt got any call ..so it means i am rejected or wot...help me guys

That Mean Stop predicting anything and Keep your hopes up.
You are still in process :)

Exactly city wise.

They first process applications from Major cities (provincial capitals), then Lahore and adjacent areas, and then Punjab and rest of country.

No Sir , It's certainly not like that many people did got calls from Karachi and Lahore at the same time

As far as I know this is the fourth batch.

In the first batch on 12 April mostly those who didn't apply for FA received the decision.
On 23 April two people who I know who cancelled their FA received acceptance.
Then around 4 May Mostly financial aid applicants received the acceptances and financial aid decisions. Including me :p
Then yesterday i.e 15 May some more people received the acceptances.

These were not rounds.

Reaction score
Islamabad point is good for NUST.

LUMS engineering is way better than any other Pakistani engineering and much more difficult too. That's because they are following MIT, Harvard, Cal-tech etc.

LOL
Do you even Know Anything Nust Engineering is waaaay too better than lums
lums engineering is not even close to NUST
Plus engineering of lums is not even recogonized by HEC

ALot of friends are not going to LUMS even after receiving acceptances
they all say :
''NUST JANA HAI :D''

Reaction score
LOL
Do you even Know Anything Nust Engineering is waaaay too better than lums
lums engineering is not even close to NUST
Plus engineering of lums is not even recogonized by HEC

ALot of friends are not going to LUMS even after receiving acceptances
they all say :
''NUST JANA HAI :D''

YOU My Friend dont know anything about LUMS. Your friends are fools for not joining LUMS.
By the time you graduate you will know the difference b/w LUMS and NUST.
The starting salary and job availiability of LUMS will be much higher.
LUMS is quickly catching up.
The only reason NUST is considered superior is because it is older and earning Fame takes time.

Reaction score
Your information is incorrect my friend.First of all Harvard isn't exactly known for its engineering programs.They are way behind MIT and CALTECH. Secondly,LUMS cannot follow them because neither do they have that kind of endownments and subsequently infrastructure and faculty.Yes,you can say that based on past performance,LUMS is likely to produce competitive,high quality engineers.NUST has the best engineering school in Pakistan as we speak.And then come UET and GIKI.HIMYM forever,according to my advice should prioritise NUST as its in the same city.Living away from home is pretty tough,i hear.
you could have just seperated himym from giki and uet .. for a sec i thought it was a uni -..-

Reaction score
What about lums engineering?I've heard it from many people that it isn't upto mark, compared to nust anyway.But what about the kind of jobs in engineering lums graduates will get?Will they be any better or worse?

Reaction score
What about lums engineering?I've heard it from many people that it isn't upto mark, compared to nust anyway.But what about the kind of jobs in engineering lums graduates will get?Will they be any better or worse?

As far as I think, it is the best. People are getting better jobs and scholarships as compared to NUST or anyone else of Pakistan.

2 students of CS joined microsoft.
7-8 prestigious scholarships woth 25k $ won by Biology students.
80k job of chemistry student.

A lot of them are getting interviewed and jobs before their graduation (june 2012).

Reaction score
As far as I think, it is the best. People are getting better jobs and scholarships as compared to NUST or anyone else of Pakistan.

2 students of CS joined microsoft.
7-8 prestigious scholarships woth 25k $ won by Biology students.
80k job of chemistry student.

A lot of them are getting interviewed and jobs before their graduation (june 2012).
IN terms of all what u have said NUST engineering is WAYYYYY BETTER ... there are more than 50+ stories like these at nust and lums engineering isnt recogonised by the HEC till date

Reaction score
I am quoting someone who is already at lums.

well i am in sse and i was going through the same thing when i was at ur stage. it was the first thing we asked the pec council when it visited us, trust me there is no worries regarding this issue. theres a whole procedure which has to be followed and we saw the pec report ourselves. according to the HOD we have marks higher than eme for EE.

Reaction score
For all those saying NUST is 'WAYYYYY BETTER' than LUMS seriously need to think again.
The facilities and equipment LUMS has, NUST can never dream of achieving. While it is true that the current market value of the engineers from NUST is the highest, this is solely due to the reason that the first batch of engineers from LUMS is yet to graduate.
And reiterating what someone here mentioned before, engineers from LUMS would get excellent jobs based just on the fact that they graduated from LUMS. The name LUMS beats all.

Reaction score
YOU My Friend dont know anything about LUMS. Your friends are fools for not joining LUMS.
By the time you graduate you will know the difference b/w LUMS and NUST.
The starting salary and job availiability of LUMS will be much higher.
LUMS is quickly catching up.
The only reason NUST is considered superior is because it is older and earning Fame takes time.

Dude. Keep your Cheap thoughts to yourself.
All I can see is that you are greedy for Money. Even If I would get less pay But I could proudly Say that
" Guys I am a NUST graduate i.e: One of the top best engineering uni's in this world " :)
NO offence Lums is Much more expensive than Nust And they dont even give Aid for people like you who still are waiting that lums would give them Aid .Lums is Bankrupt these days. Only very few people are getting Aid

BTW , I got my acceptance letter GOT ACCEPTED IN SSE and on the Same day I know few people got their rejection letters :(
Maybe I am Not going to Lums and opting for Nust still I have to take a Strong decision. :)
And No need to fight for LUMS & NUST you all know very well what is better for you

Reaction score
Dude. Keep your Cheap thoughts to yourself.
All I can see is that you are greedy for Money. Even If I would get less pay But I could proudly Say that
" Guys I am a NUST graduate i.e: One of the top best engineering uni's in this world " :)
NO offence Lums is Much more expensive than Nust And they dont even give Aid for people like you who still are waiting that lums would give them Aid .Lums is Bankrupt these days. Only very few people are getting Aid

BTW , I got my acceptance letter GOT ACCEPTED IN SSE and on the Same day I know few people got their rejection letters :(
Maybe I am Not going to Lums and opting for Nust still I have to take a Strong decision. :)
And No need to fight for LUMS & NUST you all know very well what is better for you

Easy, buoy. Everybody has their own opinion.
And. You're talking to a girl. Learn your manners.