• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
I received a call from LUMS Financial aid office a week ago asking me for some documents.
I got a call again the next day to tell me that the documents were urgent so i had to send them through email. Not through tcs.
Then the next day, they called my dad and interviewed him kinda, for the financial aid stuff.
But my online portal still says in process. What does it all mean? =/
plus i wanted to ask that NUST should be preferred for engineering rather than LUMS, right? Or is LUMS engineering good enough? Plus considering the factor that i live in islamabad? Could someone help me out?

Reaction score
can any1 tell me ..what sort ov documents do they ask for ...i ve sent all possible documents ..n guys whoever got calls..did u send ur f.a documents wid the credentials b4 ur calls ..i mean before the deadline 12 th jan...n they asked for additional docs now .or was it ke u dint send any docs and got calls now cuz i sent all documents ..bank statements ..even utility billls ..n every prpoperty document ..n my school fee bills ..n dat ov my siblings too ..so i jxt wanted to know ..what sort ov documents r they calling for now ..plz alix toxic devil ..any 1 .help me

Reaction score
I called lums today. They said that they are sending rejections. Moreover, they also said that every applicant will get his or her decision before june. They said that they are still sending acceptances.
did u apply for aid ..n did u get any call ...

Reaction score
No, my status is still in process. They will send decisions soon. Wait and see.

Reaction score
I received a call from LUMS Financial aid office a week ago asking me for some documents.
I got a call again the next day to tell me that the documents were urgent so i had to send them through email. Not through tcs.
Then the next day, they called my dad and interviewed him kinda, for the financial aid stuff.
plus i wanted to ask that NUST should be preferred for engineering rather than LUMS, right? Or is LUMS engineering good enough? Plus considering the factor that i live in islamabad? Could someone help me out?

Islamabad point is good for NUST.

LUMS engineering is way better than any other Pakistani engineering and much more difficult too. That's because they are following MIT, Harvard, Cal-tech etc.

Reaction score
But i heard that lums engineering isn't as developed as nust, giki etc yet. Is it true? I mean nust is in top 300 in QS ranking, so doesn't that count for something? And following MIT, Harvard etc as in? Like similar curriculum or what?

Reaction score
But i heard that lums engineering isn't as developed as nust, giki etc yet. Is it true? I mean nust is in top 300 in QS ranking, so doesn't that count for something? And following MIT, Harvard etc as in? Like similar curriculum or what?

LUMS has a standard and curriculum, same as MIT and Harvard. They have same labs, experiments and faculty.
Ranking is not there because they didn't had their first batch in market. Next year, you'll see them in world ranking.

Reaction score
LUMS has a standard and curriculum, same as MIT and Harvard. They have same labs, experiments and faculty.
Ranking is not there because they didn't had their first batch in market. Next year, you'll see them in world ranking.
Your information is incorrect my friend.First of all Harvard isn't exactly known for its engineering programs.They are way behind MIT and CALTECH. Secondly,LUMS cannot follow them because neither do they have that kind of endownments and subsequently infrastructure and faculty.Yes,you can say that based on past performance,LUMS is likely to produce competitive,high quality engineers.NUST has the best engineering school in Pakistan as we speak.And then come UET and GIKI.HIMYM forever,according to my advice should prioritise NUST as its in the same city.Living away from home is pretty tough,i hear.

Reaction score
As far as I know this is the fourth batch.

In the first batch on 12 April mostly those who didn't apply for FA received the decision.
On 23 April two people who I know who cancelled their FA received acceptance.
Then around 4 May Mostly financial aid applicants received the acceptances and financial aid decisions. Including me :p
Then yesterday i.e 15 May some more people received the acceptances.
yeah,I got the offer yesterday, Mashallah.
But really confused whether to accept it or not..

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out in choosing LUMS or not.....??
Plz give valuable suggestions..
I got admission in SSE.

Reaction score
for those of you who accepted the offer and submitted the fee, did you get any email from LUMS acknowledging that your package was received????

Reaction score

Your information is incorrect my friend.First of all Harvard isn't exactly known for its engineering programs.They are way behind MIT and CALTECH. Secondly,LUMS cannot follow them because neither do they have that kind of endownments and subsequently infrastructure and faculty.Yes,you can say that based on past performance,LUMS is likely to produce competitive,high quality engineers.NUST has the best engineering school in Pakistan as we speak.And then come UET and GIKI.HIMYM forever,according to my advice should prioritise NUST as its in the same city.Living away from home is pretty tough,i hear.

LUMS faculty is top class. Alumni of MIT, Cambridge, Imperial(London) etc.
And as far as I have heard LUMS EE is extremely tough. And the labs are brilliant.
You also cant undermine the fact that SSE is new compared to NUST and thus newer and better equipment and facilities.

If you join LUMS you will have an upper hand when finding a job. Just due to the name LUMS.

Reaction score
can any1 tell me ..what sort ov documents do they ask for ...i ve sent all possible documents ..n guys whoever got calls..did u send ur f.a documents wid the credentials b4 ur calls ..i mean before the deadline 12 th jan...n they asked for additional docs now .or was it ke u dint send any docs and got calls now cuz i sent all documents ..bank statements ..even utility billls ..n every prpoperty document ..n my school fee bills ..n dat ov my siblings too ..so i jxt wanted to know ..what sort ov documents r they calling for now ..plz alix toxic devil ..any 1 .help me

I sent most of the document(including everything that you mentioned) but then I got a call asking for Car documents and my passport copy. (it was way before LUMS even started sending offers.)

Reaction score
No. but I got a roll number on the online portal. Whats you roll number?
I just checked my portal, there's no roll number there yet, just the old tracking ID
How long did they take to update your roll number after you submitted the fee? It has been 4 days since i sent mine, is it possible that they did not receive it? :/

Reaction score
i have heard that there are many below average people too in lums with Ds and Cs in olevels and below average acdmc background.is it true?if it is tou how do these people get in?

Reaction score
yeah but i heard there was this guy who got 2Az and a D in his results and requested the admission commitee...
they let him into lums provided he repeat his D grade in oct nov...

Reaction score
yeah but i heard there was this guy who got 2Az and a D in his results and requested the admission commitee...
they let him into lums provided he repeat his D grade in oct nov...
yeah i heard the sme story... i even contacted the addmision office they told there will not such a case.