• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your AICT doubts here

Reaction score
why do we use (1+) in functions.
Is it used to calculate 'each'/1 thing?
Like in june 12 the step 11 it was used.
Also could anyone please tell me why we use value before a mid function? thanks in advance :D
The syntax for the VALUE function is:
VALUE( text )
text is the text value to convert to a number. If text is not a number, the VALUE function will return #VALUE!.

Reaction score
Beta follow these steps

1. create a model same like its given in paper in Ms excel
  2. in C4 use a vlookup formula to locate the surname from student file
  3. =VLOOKUP($A$2,Students.csv!$A$2:$L$21,3,FALSE)
  4. in textbook required column used this formula using book orders file
  5. =IF(INDEX('Book orders.csv'!$C$2:$K$21,MATCH($A$2,'Book orders.csv'!$A$2:$A$21,0),MATCH(B2,'Book orders.csv'!$C$1:$K$1,0))<1,"N","Y")
  6. in text book cost use this formula
  7. =IF(C2="N",0,VLOOKUP(B2,'Book list.csv'!$B$2:$D$10,3,FALSE))
  8. now put the ids stated by the examiner
  9. and produced the report
hope this answer the question :D

Thank you :)

Reaction score
Can someone explain November 2012 Paper 2 Step 14 please. The part where it says 'Ensure that all the data from a single branch fits on the same page.'
Thank You :D

Reaction score
Can someone explain November 2012 Paper 2 Step 14 please. The part where it says 'Ensure that all the data from a single branch fits on the same page.'
Thank You :D

As there are different branches for the respective report, all details of that specific branch should fit on the same page so there are no widows or orphans.

Ps. When is your practical Paper 2?

Reaction score
Winter 2012: Question 9

The RateOfPay field holds the rates of pay for both monthly and hourly paid workers.
Workers who are paid monthly can earn between €1500 and €10000 a month (inclusive).
Workers who are paid hourly are paid between €8 and €20 an hour (inclusive).

Add appropriate validation.

Explain?

Reaction score
Winter 2012: Question 9

The RateOfPay field holds the rates of pay for both monthly and hourly paid workers.
Workers who are paid monthly can earn between €1500 and €10000 a month (inclusive).
Workers who are paid hourly are paid between €8 and €20 an hour (inclusive).

Add appropriate validation.

Explain?

well here you have to validation in rate of pay file
  • because its no where written nor said IF any where in the statement so
  • put simple validation with error message
  • >=8 and<=20 or >=1500 and <=10000
  • put error message save table
  • test its validity
Hope this answer the question :D

Reaction score
can we use internet during exams for example there is a power point presentation in nov 10 in which you have to answer question which i have no idea how to

Reaction score
june-paper 2-2011
question-9- i know how to do h lookup and v look up...but the problem is the formula..like i dont understand why are we taking two formulas...for the lookup! and instead of 2 we write 1+..why is that and after tht one more formula! it is too confusing pls sumone help

Reaction score
june-paper 2-2011
question-9- i know how to do h lookup and v look up...but the problem is the formula..like i dont understand why are we taking two formulas...for the lookup! and instead of 2 we write 1+..why is that and after tht one more formula! it is too confusing pls sumone help

w11?
u start wid v lookup, u noe hw dis is done n y. 4 column index no., u can't hv a long formula so u try relating 2 d table array , the range that u've selected. assume dis is ur table. d 1st column (B in d sf spreadsheet) is consumed by d track no. leaving this, C to J are album no.s that you cn relate 2. eg. if its album 2, it'll b 4m column d, the 3rd column in ur table(array). so in order 2 relate 2 d album no., u do d mid formula again for d 4th & d 5th digit in TrackCode. nw if u leave it lyk dis, it'll show track 1 for track 2, 2 for 3, etc. so u add 1.
m sorry if its confusing.... plz help acas shaikh SilentSpectator
all d best. May Allah Help us gt d Best.

Reaction score
w11?
u start wid v lookup, u noe hw dis is done n y. 4 column index no., u can't hv a long formula so u try relating 2 d table array , the range that u've selected. assume dis is ur table. d 1st column (B in d sf spreadsheet) is consumed by d track no. leaving this, C to J are album no.s that you cn relate 2. eg. if its album 2, it'll b 4m column d, the 3rd column in ur table(array). so in order 2 relate 2 d album no., u do d mid formula again for d 4th & d 5th digit in TrackCode. nw if u leave it lyk dis, it'll show track 1 for track 2, 2 for 3, etc. so u add 1.
m sorry if its confusing.... plz help acas shaikh SilentSpectator
all d best. May Allah Help us gt d Best.

thnx alot for the help....but its too confusing i didnt get anything :/

Reaction score
Anyone tell me what is meant by Print? Print to file?
And, will we have internet access there?
Printing a document to a file instead of to your printer saves the document in a format that a different printer can us
eg, if you want to have your document printed by a commercial printing service that uses higher-resolution printers, you can print the document to a file, and then take that file to the commercial printer.

Note: When you print to a file, you must first determine which printer— for example, a PostScript printer— will ultimately print the file.

print is just the normal print command thats prints out your doc
yes..internet acces is permited for sm ques

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

No thread was designated for this purpose, so I thought I'd make one. Contribution would be very highly appreciated :)

May Allah help us. Aameen
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Hi AAnsarii

Plz help me with question 12 of oct nov 2008 paper 2.

How can i calculate the Pay? how i can multiply two fields in Access? I searched the internet but it wasn't very helpful. I came across this Pay:[Rate]*[Weighting]. I tired this formula in the query design view, no luck.

please help me out.

thx in advance

saif