• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post You Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry O & A Levels. | Resources and E-Books are also available

Do you find physics A-Levels (Ed-excel) difficult?

• Total voters
Reaction score
When asked abt choice of apparatus in volmeter and ammeter, wht are we supposed to write....Wht r there precison?!?!

Well, it depends on the situation. If you want to measure current then you should use ammeter. But if you want to measure P.d across anything like bulb, any component etc. then you should use Voltmeter. I hope this answers your question.

Reaction score
Well, it depends on the situation. If you want to measure current then you should use ammeter. But if you want to measure P.d across anything like bulb, any component etc. then you should use Voltmeter. I hope this answers your question.
Thx a lot, but wht about their precision??

Reaction score
Precision of instruments
 mm scale (e.g: ruler or measuring tape) 0.50 mm
 Vernier 0.10 mm
 Micrometer 0.01 mm
 Stopwatch 0.01s  reaction time in stopping and starting stopwatch
 Angles 0.5º

Improving accuracy
 Repeating readings and calculating average
 Taking reading at eye level to avoid parallax error
 Hold apparatus vertically
 Release from rest (If it involves releasing something)
 Check for zero error
 Exclude anomalous values

Aisha Abdul Quddus Hope this helps.

Reaction score
See, dude, a couple of years ago, The mods themselves would block the forums so no one could gain an unfair advantage, but please realize this:
IAL and the reserve (R) papers were created so that the problem of timing could be solved. People in different time zones have different papers, and so, all IAL papers end together, all R papers end together and all GCE papers together. This is also the reason students no longer have key time. So, please stop putting unncessary bans on our discussions :p

So, lets discus papers ! :D

Lola_sweet Nafis Daiyan dubi2pro Ayesha B Aisha Abdul Quddus Ibtizam

Reaction score
See, dude, a couple of years ago, The mods themselves would block the forums so no one could gain an unfair advantage, but please realize this:
IAL and the reserve (R) papers were created so that the problem of timing could be solved. People in different time zones have different papers, and so, all IAL papers end together, all R papers end together and all GCE papers together. This is also the reason students no longer have key time. So, please stop putting unncessary bans on our discussions :p

So, lets discus papers ! :D

Lola_sweet Nafis Daiyan dubi2pro Ayesha B Aisha Abdul Quddus Ibtizam

CIE candidate :) and i dnt take physics or maths

Reaction score
How many of you guys are ready for the Edexcel IAL unit 6 chem and bio on 15th and 13th respectively?

Reaction score
How many of you guys are ready for the Edexcel IAL unit 6 chem and bio on 15th and 13th respectively?
I'm preparing for IAL Physics Unit 6 and IAL Unit 6 for chemistry.

btw hows your preparation for IAL Unit 6 chemistry?

Reaction score
I'm preparing for IAL Physics Unit 6 and IAL Unit 6 for chemistry.

btw hows your preparation for IAL Unit 6 chemistry?

oh its going good mate.. shouldn't be too hard.. have u done jan15 unti6 for chem? how did you find it?