• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please Help Me With Systems Flowchart!

Reaction score
HI THERE I AM VERY TENSED ABOUT THE 8 MARKS SYSTEM FLOWCHART THAT COME IN COMPUTER STUDIES ALTERNATIVE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THEM FOR GIVEN SCENARIO OR GIVE ME A HELPFUL LINK. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
So, talha, how did you prepare for it??
I'm currently in the position you were in on 29th april 2013 :)
I'd appreciate your help on this one.

Reaction score
best part is that, the system flowchart appears in p3 which weighs 25% and it carries 8 marks at max. so if you gain all 8 that corresponds to (0.25*8) 2 percent marks :) . Furthermore, they are too lenient while they check, which means if you even draw few symbols and connect them, you will gain around half of the marks. Moreover Computer Studies has a lower threshold (as no one studies), so chill ;)

Reaction score
best part is that, the system flowchart appears in p3 which weighs 25% and it carries 8 marks at max. so if you gain all 8 that corresponds to (0.25*8) 2 percent marks :) . Furthermore, they are too lenient while they check, which means if you even draw few symbols and connect them, you will gain around half of the marks. Moreover Computer Studies has a lower threshold (as no one studies), so chill ;)
Was this a post or a pill that cured my headache for Computer Studies

Reaction score
Was this a post or a pill that cured my headache for Computer Studies

Reaction score
lol you can't prove they are lenient in marking. Also you can't prove no one studies or that it has lower threshold. Don't give people false hope.

Reaction score
baby check this out
I am sorry but your time machine didn't work. The year is 2014 unfortunately. So here see page 38 Section 6.5 Grading and Reporting:
A candidate who obtains...
... the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.
... the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.
... the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.
... the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.
... the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.

Reaction score
Flowcharts are easy guys! I started off thinking they were complicated, cz thats what everyone made it seem like. But then i dedicated an hour to learning the symbols (about 12 symbols or so) with all the ratta skills i had. And then i read a few already written flowcharts from the internet. That was the night before the Mock exam. i think I got 56 out of 60 in ATP. The point being, ITS EASY! This is where I got the symbols from. Off course you could use your book for that (Chapter 12, i think, in Stephen Doyle's book)

http://olevelcomputerstudies.com/2012/08/system-flowchart/

Reaction score
I am sorry but your time machine didn't work. The year is 2014 unfortunately. So here see page 38 Section 6.5 Grading and Reporting:

the percentage uniformity is calculated through percentile bro, which is low because I know how casually people give Computer Studies, which is meant to be taken that way. A* is no big deal especially in O-Levels thanks to percentile, or else anyone would hardly get an A! Just read the examination reports on Biology and then check the percentage of people getting A*'s. Same stuff that you posted is reported in every syllabus of every subject every year :p so let people relax and concentrate on major ones

Reaction score
the percentage uniformity is calculated through percentile bro, which is low because I know how casually people give Computer Studies, which is meant to be taken that way. A* is no big deal especially in O-Levels thanks to percentile, or else anyone would hardly get an A! Just read the examination reports on Biology and then check the percentage of people getting A*'s. Same stuff that you posted is reported in every syllabus of every subject every year :p so let people relax and concentrate on major ones
Give this guy a cookie!(y)
you make me happy every time I read you'r posts

Reaction score
Flowcharts are easy guys! I started off thinking they were complicated, cz thats what everyone made it seem like. But then i dedicated an hour to learning the symbols (about 12 symbols or so) with all the ratta skills i had. And then i read a few already written flowcharts from the internet. That was the night before the Mock exam. i think I got 56 out of 60 in ATP. The point being, ITS EASY! This is where I got the symbols from. Off course you could use your book for that (Chapter 12, i think, in Stephen Doyle's book)

http://olevelcomputerstudies.com/2012/08/system-flowchart/
Information system for you is a piece of rabit shit,it sucks has tons of errors.
flowcharts are easy but I'm having a really bad time with Trace Tables!

Reaction score
lol look at the date of post, I gave the exam and got an A* Alhumdolillah :)
Hey could you please let me know how did you prepare for the exam and which topics are the important ones which have a higher degree of importance in the exam?
Also, guys everyone seems to talk about ATP papers, we have our paper 2 as coursework, the project which has been completed, so we don't give ATP but could anyone tell me what to study for paper 1?

Reaction score
Hey could you please let me know how did you prepare for the exam and which topics are the important ones which have a higher degree of importance in the exam?
Also, guys everyone seems to talk about ATP papers, we have our paper 2 as coursework, the project which has been completed, so we don't give ATP but could anyone tell me what to study for paper 1?
Go through the Revision Booklets