• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical tips

Reaction score
One major confusion am dealing with in P3 is if in the question paper the values are given in 'cm' should we continue the rest of the calculations and draw the graph by converting the values into 'm' or leave it to 'cm'? :cautious:
above is my problem too, someone plz tell

Reaction score
any1 whose appearing for phy31 tmoro ppl?? any idea abt the experiment or smth?? for 31 both r general......

Reaction score
Question : dont we use (k1-k2)/((k1+k2)/2)x100 for the uncertainity in the value of k.....nd plz anyone reply to my previous queries as well,
thanks

Reaction score
Question : dont we use (k1-k2)/((k1+k2)/2)x100 for the uncertainity in the value of k.....nd plz anyone reply to my previous queries as well,
thanks
You are right about this one... Not so sure if you'll get bombed.. :p

Reaction score
Help needed ASAP
1. On taking average, do we divide the uncertainty by 2? Cz thats what they've done in several marking schemes but there are some in which they've doubled the error. Like, 2 values have an uncertainty of .1 each. What is the uncertainty in their average value? .1 or .2?
2. If we get a thin pointer, we give angles to .5' and error in a measurement +-1'
If we get a thick pointer, we give angles to 1' and error in a measurement is 2'
IS THIS CORRECT???

Reaction score
Okay guys.
Physics 33 Tomorrow will have an electricity experiment. And another simple one.
The electricity one will consist of -Variable Resistor, switch, battery, a sample wire, connecting wires, an ammeter and voltmeter. You`d have to measure the V & I after setting the apparatus after changing placing of the rheostat on the variable and most probably make a graph.
The second one has a clamp stand, a banta ( I dunno whats that called in english ). stopwatch. And you need to slide down a ball from a certain height, note the time. I may have missed out on something, so apologies.
Note : These are not the confirm experiments. However these instruments are confirmed, and probably the experiments will be somewhat the same as above. Don`t ask about the validity, for sure these will be there tomorrow.

Reaction score
Okay guys.
Physics 33 Tomorrow will have an electricity experiment. And another simple one.
The electricity one will consist of -Variable Resistor, switch, battery, a sample wire, connecting wires, an ammeter and voltmeter. You`d have to measure the V & I after setting the apparatus after changing placing of the rheostat on the variable and most probably make a graph.
The second one has a clamp stand, a banta ( I dunno whats that called in english ). stopwatch. And you need to slide down a ball from a certain height, note the time. I may have missed out on something, so apologies.
Note : These are not the confirm experiments. However these instruments are confirmed, and probably the experiments will be somewhat the same as above. Don`t ask about the validity, for sure these will be there tomorrow.

wats a banta?? is it like a slope or sumthing?

Reaction score
wats a banta?? is it like a slope or sumthing?
There`ll be a slope. `Banta` is the small glass ball kids play with. `Bantay kheltay hain` :p I don`t really have the words to explain what it is.

Reaction score
anyone?? help please :l
Oh, and your question, IF for instance you have any problem in connecting the components of the circuit, what our teacher told us was that you can also raise your hand and ask one of the teachers to connect it for you. All they will do in return is cut 2 marks from your practical. Although, it isn't that hard connecting i guess? I am giving 33 as well. :)