• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical 33 predictions

Reaction score
You write all measurements of a table in a pencil, same goes for graph, so you need not worry about that my broda. I got a gradient of 71 and y intercept of 0.02. Pretty confident about both questions, expecting 36-38
Oh i got the same y intercept although my gradient was 0.355

Reaction score
Phew. But you're right the paper wasnt as hard as i thought it would be.For question 1, while setting up the circuit (took me like 20 mins) i was so scared that I'd get no readings or my voltmeter would fluctuate like mad. But i got a set reading for all my X values, phew. And oh yea, for question 2 did you guys get a higher oscillation, T, for the second value of theta, θ, or was the first T value higher? I edited the times ever so slightly so the second T value would be bigger, because it made more sense to me. And lastly, did you guys get 'support' or 'not support', for the second last question, about the K values. I gotten not support because the uncertainty of K was like 40 something percent, way higher than the uncertainty of the other one (think the other one was the angle, A?)
Yup luckily no fluctuations in the ammeter and voltmeter readings. Higher oscillation for second value of T(common sense) and my results supported the relationship. You can opt for either support or not support, both are correct but you have to justify it using percentage difference in the values of k.

Reaction score
Oh i got the same y intercept although my gradient was 0.355
Doesn't matter, you still get 2 marks for the gradient and intercept and 2 marks for P and Q constants(provided that your units were cm and V which were the correct units, respectively)

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, you still get 2 marks for the gradient and intercept and 2 marks for P and Q constants(provided that your units were cm and V which were the correct units, respectively)
But i took x in metres so its still alright right?

Reaction score
thats actually better i think coz thats the SI unit . everybody in our school has done it in meters.

But doing it in cm is also correct for the question started asking the length to be in 40 cm.
That is why I did my whole question taking lengths in cm.