• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical 33 predictions

Reaction score
What sort of experiments are expected in the physics practical variant 33? Anyone got anyone info or good predictions from teachers?

Reaction score
Also, I would like to know what equipment is required for the practical(doing a last-min check up) and is it necessary to wear a lab coat during the practical? Also, it says that the reporting time is 9 am yet the practical commences at 12pm... what am i to do? Come at like 11-12 or come at 9 am?

Reaction score
my advice is its better safe than sorry, so go there by 9.00AM or at least an hour early. Nothing mentioned about the equipment used besides the topic and bring a lab coat jut in case, but i really do think you don't need one......

Reaction score
how did it go the 33 ? I always did pretty good but i dont know what happened i think i messed up a little .... any chance of the curve going down :cry::cry: ??

Reaction score
I got a y intercept of 0.28 and a gradient of around 40 :( And plus i did my entire 10 mark table in pencil :( Well it was nice knowing u guys..

Reaction score
I got the gradient of 94. You don't have to worry about doing it in pencil. I did my IGCSE English paper in pencil and didn't get any marks deducted (my teacher said).

Reaction score
You write all measurements of a table in a pencil, same goes for graph, so you need not worry about that my broda. I got a gradient of 71 and y intercept of 0.02. Pretty confident about both questions, expecting 36-38

Reaction score
Nope ma brotha, the paper was really easy. Look at Q2 of S17 variant 33, that shit scared the hell out of me. But after I did the paper today, i was like "that was too easy" because it really was

Reaction score
You write all measurements of a table in a pencil, same goes for graph, so you need not worry about that my broda. I got a gradient of 71 and y intercept of 0.02. Pretty confident about both questions, expecting 36-38

Phew. But you're right the paper wasnt as hard as i thought it would be.For question 1, while setting up the circuit (took me like 20 mins) i was so scared that I'd get no readings or my voltmeter would fluctuate like mad. But i got a set reading for all my X values, phew. And oh yea, for question 2 did you guys get a higher oscillation, T, for the second value of theta, θ, or was the first T value higher? I edited the times ever so slightly so the second T value would be bigger, because it made more sense to me. And lastly, did you guys get 'support' or 'not support', for the second last question, about the K values. I gotten not support because the uncertainty of K was like 40 something percent, way higher than the uncertainty of the other one (think the other one was the angle, A?)