• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Do u remember the option. Was it A or D
Sadly no, but I am certain it was decrease decrease, because the internal resistance increased so the overall resistance of the circuit increased. V=IR tells us that if resistance increases, current decreases since the V is constant. As for terminal pd, it is the pd that will be used up by the external resistor. Since the internal resistance increases, it uses up more pd meaning a decrease in pd for the external resistor(which is terminal pd).

Reaction score
I see
What about the waves question. What is common for red and green light.. and which of the following increases when the star is going away
I think this was the question
Sadly no, but I am certain it was decrease decrease, because the internal resistance increased so the overall resistance of the circuit increased. V=IR tells us that if resistance increases, current decreases since the V is constant. As for terminal pd, it is the pd that will be used up by the external resistor. Since the internal resistance increases, it uses up more pd meaning a decrease in pd for the external resistor(which is terminal pd).

Reaction score
I see
What about the waves question. What is common for red and green light.. and which of the following increases when the star is going away
I think this was the question
Frequency is different(they were asking for what is different) for red and green light. The wavelength increases when the star moves away(since frequency decreases).