• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Anyone can tell me the s.fs of paper 2?? 2 or 3 s.fs? ;( and good luck on your tmr's exam!
Its usually 3 but its always stated at the front page of the the exam under instructions. Also for some questions they specify how many significant figures

Reaction score
Anyone can tell me the s.fs of paper 2?? 2 or 3 s.fs? ;( and good luck on your tmr's exam!

In the final answer you should use the same number of sigfigs as the value with the smallest number of sigfigs in your calculation.

Example:

m = 1.90 kg (3sf)
v = 2.3 ms^-1 (2sf)

The kinetic energy here should have 2sf.

Reaction score
In the final answer you should use the same number of sigfigs as the value with the smallest number of sigfigs in your calculation.

Example:

m = 1.90 kg (3sf)
v = 2.3 ms^-1 (2sf)

The kinetic energy here should have 2sf.
Got it. if the previous question is "show that~", should I use that value in the question or the value I calculated in more s.f ?

Reaction score
Q If the P5 question in march 2018 came from youngs modulus and the waves section it means that these topics won't be repeated in tommorows exam?

Reaction score
It depends on the data given. For example, all the values you work with are to two sf so you put your answers to 2 sf. Then again, sometimes they tell you to how many sf your data must be given in.

Reaction score
How does vertical velocity of projectile change with time if theres no air resistance?
Acceleration is always 9.81 ms-1. Horizontally, there is no change but vertically, if your velocity increases uniformly when there is no air resistance because acceleration is always 9.81 ms-1