• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if anyone here gave physics paper 41 then I wanted to confirm whats the proper answer to that iron core and aluminium foil jumping upwards answer?

Reaction score
Anyone has any good resources for "Momentum" and "Errors and Uncertainties" physics As

Reaction score
GUYS , IN THE SHM QUESTION ABOUT THE TROLLEY, WE WERE ASKED TO STATE AND EXPLAIN THE TYPE OF DAMPING IN THE TROLLEY.. HOWEVER, I DONT THINK I READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY .. I HEARD THAT IT SAID " STATE AND EXPLAIN " .. WHILE I ONLY STATED THE ANSWER AS '' LIGHTLY DAMPED ''.. WILL I GET A MARK..
I AM WORRIED BECAUSE WHAT IF THE MS IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS :
energy dissipates gradually with time M1
so lightly damped A1
I WON'T GET A SCORE IF IT IS LIKE THIS BECAUSE I WONT HAVE EARNED M1 ...

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens if ur unable to complete the paper for some reason? My friend got unwell in p4 and she had attempted first 3-4 questions only. She wrote a report instead. Her expected grade is A*. Is there a chance she can still score A* if she does really well in other 4 papers?

Reaction score
GUYS , IN THE SHM QUESTION ABOUT THE TROLLEY, WE WERE ASKED TO STATE AND EXPLAIN THE TYPE OF DAMPING IN THE TROLLEY.. HOWEVER, I DONT THINK I READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY .. I HEARD THAT IT SAID " STATE AND EXPLAIN " .. WHILE I ONLY STATED THE ANSWER AS '' LIGHTLY DAMPED ''.. WILL I GET A MARK..
I AM WORRIED BECAUSE WHAT IF THE MS IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS :
energy dissipates gradually with time M1
so lightly damped A1
I WON'T GET A SCORE IF IT IS LIKE THIS BECAUSE I WONT HAVE EARNED M1 ...
well there were two marks so idk
i dont think so

Reaction score
Is there any particular reason why the physics winter 14 varient 3 components had very very high thresholds. Paper 43, for instance, had a minimum of 67 for an A. I found it a bit tougher than summer 18 42. Not only paper 4, all the other components' threshold were very high. Hope 2018's wont be similar to that one.

Reaction score
Is there any particular reason why the physics winter 14 varient 3 components had very very high thresholds. Paper 43, for instance, had a minimum of 67 for an A. I found it a bit tougher than summer 18 42. Not only paper 4, all the other components' threshold were very high. Hope 2018's wont be similar to that one.
Oct/nov exams usually have higher gt as compared to may/june and I believe that's because fewer students appear in oct than in may...

Reaction score
Nah, unfortunately, we couldn't see materials for phy... I only saw for bio (34) but it's going to be typical i guess....just go through the marking scheme of the years which has a circuit and pendulum questions and ur good to go
Thanks bruv! If you have any updates pls let us know soon!