• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
we first need to find the voltage in the external resistance. so using v=ir
hence v=5.5v. since the all of the components are parallel to each other they all have an terminal potential difference of 5.5v
current going into the junction= output of junction.
so the current going into the internal resistance is 0.25A. 0.5/2 as both components have the same p.d and internal resistance they both have the same current
simply then use the formual
terminal p.d=Emf-Ir
5.5=6-0.25r
hence r is 2 ohms
I have a question:

Since the terminal pd's of the battery's in parallel are equal, isn't there supposed to be NO current flowing through the batteries? And therefore the 0.5 A only come from one of the batteries?

Thank you,

Reaction score
How did it go guys? Mine was pretty good. It was a nice interesting paper, a bit weird perhaps. I noticed this year in P2 and P1 they seemed to focus more on units and definitions such that they even included derivation in p1 o_o Overall it was nice. Expecting 35 and above. For sure got 2 wrong after discussing with friends, rest of which that I discussed were correct. Dunno about the remaining. :p

Reaction score
How did it go guys? Mine was pretty good. It was a nice interesting paper, a bit weird perhaps. I noticed this year in P2 and P1 they seemed to focus more on units and definitions such that they even included derivation in p1 o_o Overall it was nice. Expecting 35 and above. For sure got 2 wrong after discussing with friends, rest of which that I discussed were correct. Dunno about the remaining. :p
well i found it difficult
i already know i lost 5 marks :cry:
idk how high the gt will be for this one :/

Reaction score
well i found it difficult
i already know i lost 5 marks :cry:
idk how high the gt will be for this one :/

Oh darn. Many others ik found it to be difficult and awkward too. Shouldnt be more than 30 for an A. And overall physics is lower than others like chem and bio so dont worry if your other phy papers went well. :)

Reaction score
i found it difficult :/

Reaction score
I was EASY !! But I'm so dumb I got the first Q wrong because I just didnt think!! 15 ms-1 !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: