• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Explain why the alternating current in the primary coil of a transformer is not in phase with the alternating e.m.f. induced in the secondary coil.

Reaction score
Explain why the alternating current in the primary coil of a transformer is not in phase with the alternating e.m.f. induced in the secondary coil.

Because the current in the primary coil is in phase with the flux in the core
But not the change in the flux, (change in the flux is not in phase with the flux in the core) ,and it is the change in flux that generates the alternating emf hence we say Alternating Current is not in phase with the Alternating emf

Reaction score
I can't visualise this question
Which part of the needle is oscillating and how is it oscillating( which direction)? why is the amplitude 11mm? + in bi needle should be at its max height, i get it , but why is this max height 14mm below cloth or 8mm above cloth? :(
Can someone draw on the figure and explain
Please

biScreenshot 2016-04-10 13.19.55.png

Reaction score
Because the current in the primary coil is in phase with the flux in the core <-------- How do we know this??
But not the change in the flux. <-------- change is flux wont be generated as we using ac?

So why does change in the flux not in hase with flux in the core.

Reaction score
I can't visualise this question
Which part of the needle is oscillating and how is it oscillating( which direction)? why is the amplitude 11mm? + in bi needle should be at its max height, i get it , but why is this max height 14mm below cloth or 8mm above cloth? :(
Can someone draw on the figure and explain
Please

biView attachment 60196
No one solved my this doubt. I had the same doubt a month ago. :)

Reaction score
Because the current in the primary coil is in phase with the flux in the core <-------- How do we know this??
But not the change in the flux. <-------- change is flux wont be generated as we using ac?

So why does change in the flux not in hase with flux in the core.
Im also confused with this bs. I have not studied it anywhere that this happens but in marking scheme they have explained as if we know it.