• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
compression of ideal gas at constant temp : internal energy is proportional to it's ke which is proportional to temperature
Since it's at constant temp. U must be 0. and since work is done on the system W is + so for U to be 0, q has to be -

Heating of solid with no expansion : w is 0 and since it's heated q is + so U is +

Melting of ice : no external work is done on the system so w is 0. melting = heated so q is + and so U is +

Reaction score
In smoothing circuits, why does increasing capacitance of the capacitor and resistance of the load result in more smoothing?Also,why is it difficult to change the value of voltage quickly if the two have higher values?:):)

Does anyone have notes for alternating current chapter?:p :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is Physics harder than Chemistry? I'll be taking AS Physics in Nov of 2016, since I'm taking AS Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics this summer, I was wondering whether I'll find Physics even harder than Chemistry or is it better than that?

Reaction score
Is Physics harder than Chemistry? I'll be taking AS Physics in Nov of 2016, since I'm taking AS Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics this summer, I was wondering whether I'll find Physics even harder than Chemistry or is it better than that?
Depends on which you have more interest in really. And they are two totally different subjects so dunno if we can compare their difficulty level. But I find chemistry questions more complicated than in physics ... especially AS.

Reaction score
Depends on which you have more interest in really. And they are two totally different subjects so dunno if we can compare their difficulty level. But I find chemistry questions more complicated than in physics ... especially AS.
I understand...and I think I'm better interested in Physics than in chemistry! Chemistry is just a helll!!
which subs are you taking?

Reaction score
I forgot the question. :p But if the gradient of velocity-time graph is different it means the acceleration of motion at those times are different.

Yes I know that. Can you please tell me why are the accelerations different?

This is the question
upload_2016-2-20_12-40-34-png.59335

upload_2016-2-20_12-40-53-png.59336

Reaction score
Yes I know that. Can you please tell me why are the accelerations different?

This is the question
upload_2016-2-20_12-40-34-png.59335

upload_2016-2-20_12-40-53-png.59336
Ah yeah, it's this question.

Once the string is cut, the log doesn't immediately fall down. (I believe you understood that.) In the log's motion upward after the string is cut, there is friction acting on the same side as the component of weight - along the slope. So the addition of both forces divided by the mass of the log would give you acceleration.
On the other hand, once the log reaches a zero velocity, that is the maximum height it can go up to. Then, it starts falling down. In this part of its motion, the component of weight along the slope is opposed by the friction. So, acceleration would be the difference in both forces over the mass of the log.
Hence, the two accelerations are different and you get two different v-t gradients.

Hope you got it.

Reaction score
Few days back i searched every website i knew, no where a yearly binder with marks schemes was available.
When i was tired of finding thought why don't make one and help others.
Took me 4 hours but yes i made it :LOL::LOL::LOL:;);):cool::cool::cool::cool:.

Find it here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qooifqxgpu47cq/P4 MJ_02-ON_15 (YEARLY).pdf?dl=0

Last edited:
Reaction score
Few days back i searched every website i knew, no where a yearly binder with marks schemes was available.
When i was tired of finding thought why don't make one and help others.
Took me 4 hours but yes i made it :LOL::LOL::LOL:;);):cool::cool::cool::cool:.
Great. :D
Are you going to upload here?