• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 59394
View attachment 59395
So yes, electric field strength is a vector quantity ... But are the directions opposite coz the field lines will go INTO both the alpha particle and the proton?

And this ...
force per unit charge M1
on either a stationary charge
or a positive charge

Should we write either of the two .. or should we write 'either a stationary charge or a positive charge'?? :p
Since it's a vector quantity and both charges are +ve the field at P due to the 2 particles are in opposite directions so the opp. signs

Reaction score
I am so dumb :/
can u please show the steps :(
So if u take that red box ie 5*5 sqaure the wd for that one box is E*d which is approx 2.5x10^3*1x10^-2 (we'll call this answer as Z ... I'm too lazy to work out the ans :p )
Now count approximately how many of these 5*5 boxes will fit under the curve. This will be say n boxes
So then multiply Z*n to get the total wd

Reaction score
photoelectric effect.png
Hey,
Could anyone please provide me with the reasoning for the following questions of the photoelectric effect:
a) In graph 2 why does increase in frequency cause current to increase at a decreasing rate?
b)In graph 3 and 4 , what does negative stopping potential imply?Like what exactly does it mean?

Please help.:)

Reaction score
ii
intially ke + gpe = epe
so ke = epe - gpe

iii
fusion may occur

intially ke + gpe = epe
<------ how do u know this? :p

How do u know exact answers as ms?? :p
u use exact word.. How u know this all thingssssss??
I can never think this as u think :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
intially ke + gpe = epe
<------ how do u know this? :p

How do u know exact answers as ms?? :p
u use exact word.. How u know this all thingssssss??
I can never think this as u think :(
cause at the start they have ke and are far apart so have gpe
As they come closer gpe decreases and ke becomes zero so these 2 energies converted to epe
lol practice and you'll know how to do it :)

Reaction score
Can anyone please suggest good resources/files for Eddy currents and Cathode ray Oscilloscope and photoelectric current?:p :)The mass-energy concept in nuclear physics too?:D
Also, can anyone explain the syllabus statement 25.2 d)?:)
The statement is-: Explain why maximum photoelectric energy is independent of intensity,whereas the photoelectric current is proportional to intensity?:)

Lastly,:p what is galvanometer in the null method?:p

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
cause at the start they have ke and are far apart so have gpe
As they come closer gpe decreases and ke becomes zero so these 2 energies converted to epe
lol practice and you'll know how to do it :)
Min Ke = Max Pe
Ke = EPE - GPE. (Always GPE < EPE) If I say this, is my way correct?