• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
check at
http://physics-ref.blogspot.com/2014/07/9702-june-2013-paper-42-worked.html

bcoz at t=0, the displacement is not zero. if you plot a graph, the oscillations would correspond to a cos graph, not a sine.

for sine, when t=0, displacement is also zero

...well, this should also have been in your notes

http://maxpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9702_s12_qp_42.pdf
Q1 (c)(ii) i didnt get the ans in ms... wat do they mean by " ΔEP = Fx because F constant as x ! radius of orbit"

Reaction score
I really need help with this concept:

http://prntscr.com/75vq5i

may june 11 42 q9 b.

how do we identify across which resistor is the input going to be?
for example, in this case. is the 4.5V going to go to the Non-iverting input from across the 1kV resistor or the strain gauge?

A generalised explanation is needed on this thing,not this question specific. since I struggle on every question of this kind.

Thanks a lot and God Bless!

it is going across 1 kΩ resistor.. in such questions u'll always apply the concept of potential divider... the resistor n strain gauge acts as potential divider to the non-inverting input... that's y u cn see that the voltage across 1.0 kΩ is V1 ..ths is clearly indicated in the diagram...
potential_divider_02.gif

just lyk the potential divider lyk above... instead of Vout lets suppose that it's V2
so the value of V2 is calculated as=> V2 = [(R2) / (R1 + R2) ] x Vin

the concept is very easy... just ignre the rest of the connections n focus on the wire that has strain gauge n resistor across it...

Reaction score
Could someone just give me a quick explanation with tips on how I should find the area under a graph when I'm asked to do so? Do I count the squares? Then what? Thank you
cn u post an example so that explaining it gets easier...

n in general u dnt need to count the squares... count the area of 1 cm square n then count the number of the squares having area of 1cm^2 .. then multiply the number of squares with the value of area of 1 square... u'll get ur ans...

Reaction score
it is going across 1 kΩ resistor.. in such questions u'll always apply the concept of potential divider... the resistor n strain gauge acts as potential divider to the non-inverting input... that's y u cn see that the voltage across 1.0 kΩ is V1 ..ths is clearly indicated in the diagram...
View attachment 53800

just lyk the potential divider lyk above... instead of Vout lets suppose that it's V2
so the value of V2 is calculated as=> V2 = [(R2) / (R1 + R2) ] x Vin

the concept is very easy... just ignre the rest of the connections n focus on the wire that has strain gauge n resistor across it...
thank you soo much!

btw.. there's another thing, you got sometime?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can anybody provide me notes of telecommunication? I really suck at this topic :( And i'll be losing about 10 marks straight if i don't study it all. Anybody?
Also i want some notes on A2 core topics of line spectrum and temperature. It would be great if anybody would help me with this.