• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Help needed in O/N 2006 q3a....i've read it's marking key and all i want to know is that why is the value of the spring constant, k, multiplied with 100??
i mean we're supposed to convert it into metres so it should be divided by 100...right??

Reaction score
When accelerated from rest through the same potential difference, which particle completes the acceleration with the greatest MOMENTUM ?
A. alpha particle
B. proton
C. neutron
D. electron

It is 2002s_qp1. Thanks for the help !

Reaction score
D. electron because it has a negligible mass. same acceleration provided to every particle as the driving energy remains constant, so mass becomes the deciding factor for the highest momentum I guess. :/

Reaction score
um since momentum = mass * velocity, and since electron has the least mass, wouldn't it have the LEAST momentum ?

the answer is C, neutron. but why??

Reaction score
Physics A level p4 Application

please someone help me out to understand Applications for physics paper 4 section B. Can anyone please explain the whole Application shortly, or points i need to remember on each topic of 1) Direct Sensing 2) Remote sensing 3) Communicating Information ??? the provided Application booklet is difficult to understand. And its a big note as well. please discuss important points of Application part shortly. I bet it will be helpful for most of us.

Reaction score
Re: Physics Help here! Stuck somewhere?? Ask here! :)

Abdulrab said:
Can anyone tell me what should i learn for pressure in lquids for As level and please give me the detailed explanation of viscosity in liquids asap !!! thanks
U need only to learn the upthrust part. Refer to the black book endorsed by CIE!

Reaction score
Is the 2002 er correct for paper 1 physics ??
really confused !!

reference to q. 2 , 33, 34 :eek:

Attachments

• 9702_s02_qp_1.pdf
    256.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 9702_s02_er.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
zenyatales said:
um since momentum = mass * velocity, and since electron has the least mass, wouldn't it have the LEAST momentum ?

the answer is C, neutron. but why??
yeah why ? ?:/ u got me here, no clue..tricky mcq! :x try Wikipedia on the chapter radioactivity..

Reaction score
zenyatales said:
When accelerated from rest through the same potential difference, which particle completes the acceleration with the greatest MOMENTUM ?
A. alpha particle
B. proton
C. neutron
D. electron

Ans is A.
Alpha has greatest mass.

Reaction score
ching293 said:
Urgent help needed please :)

paper 4 cie

thanks!
If the binding energy for the products is higher when heavy nuclei split, this processes will result in a release of the extra binding energy, and this energy is referred to as nuclear energy. Now because energy is released in the reaction, the energy of product, yttrium in this case, must be higher.

Reaction score
destined007 said:
zenyatales said:
A. alpha particle
B. proton
C. neutron
D. electron

Ans is A.
Alpha has greatest mass.

hi
i thought it'd be Alpha too.
but it says the answer is NEUTRON here on this ER.
or is this the wrong ER ? i was refering to this only because i couldn't get the MS for this year .:unknown:
question no.40, attachments :

Attachments

• 9702_s02_er.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 9702_s02_qp_1.pdf
    256.5 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
zenyatales said:
destined007 said:
zenyatales said:
A. alpha particle
B. proton
C. neutron
D. electron

Ans is A.
Alpha has greatest mass.

hi
i thought it'd be Alpha too.
but it says the answer is NEUTRON here on this ER.
or is this the wrong ER ? i was refering to this only because i couldn't get the MS for this year .:unknown:
question no.40, attachments :

wrong MS.

Reaction score
really ? ... yea it must be though. okkkay.
c
thanks a lot for your help! :)

wonder why its ms not available though.

Reaction score
Got a doubt in O/N 2010 paper 43, question 3a(i). how do we find the displacement??...i mean there's no value given for "t" in the given equation!!

Reaction score
9702_s08 Q.6(b)

iv. S1,S2,S3 : closed, open, open
Current will pass through resistors A and B.
I = V/R = 240/76.8 = 3.125 Amp

Power = 2 * [ (i^2) * R] = 2 [3.125^2 * 38.4 ]
= 0.75 kW

v. S1,S2,S3 : closed, open, closed
Current will pass through all A, B and C.

Power of A and B = 0.75 kW

Power of C = (i^2 )* R = (6.25^2 ) * 38.4 = 1.5 kW

Total Power = 2.25 kW

Reaction score
People!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a doubt in O/N 2010 paper 43, question 3a(i). how do we find the displacement when there's no value given for "t" in the given equation!!
HELP....i'm dead in this question!!!!!!! :O: