• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
the potential on the first wire is 5/15 * 2 = 2/3 V
potential in the second wire is 10/15 * 2= 4/3 V
their difference is 2/3 V
which is potential difference.
i know why you are confused.
the place where the wire is joining is actually where there is a little dot. that is junction. where the wire pass straight through it is not a junction.
this might help

Actually Suchal, the potential at the terminal in the first wire is 10/15 *2. Had there been resistors of different resistances, you would have gotten the wrong answer. At the terminal in the second wire, it would be 5/15 *2. Your answer gives a negative value, which is not same as the positive value anyway

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually Suchal, the potential at the terminal in the first wire is 10/15 *2. Had there been resistors of different resistances, you would have gotten the wrong answer. At the terminal in the second wire, it would be 5/15 *2. Your answer gives a negative value, which is not same as the positive value anyway
The wire which you called wire one, i called it wire two. Oversmart usama.

Reaction score
Lol kk. My mistake. But you don't have to be a complete jerk -_-
Though i do wonder sometimes whether your conscience ever makes you feel guilty :3
if you want me to be like a stranger and behave like "aap ka bara shukriya" then it's I'll it.
I was just talking to you like I talk to friends. informally. if you feel that is being jerk then OK. I sincerely apologise for my heinous attitude.

Reaction score
if you want me to be like a stranger and behave like "aap ka bara shukriya" then it's I'll it.
I was just talking to you like I talk to friends. informally. if you feel that is being jerk then OK. I sincerely apologise for my heinous attitude.
Did i say anything to you when you talked to me informally on my wall? Of course not, but there is a difference between the two things. I mean you might not notice it, but sometimes you belittle others by your posts. You are intelligent, but ask around, and many people will tell this to you that in study related matters, you are arrogant. Maybe a little humility?

Reaction score
Did i say anything to you when you talked to me informally on my wall? Of course not, but there is a difference between the two things. I mean you might not notice it, but sometimes you belittle others by your posts. You are intelligent, but ask around, and many people will tell this to you that in study related matters, you are arrogant. Maybe a little humility?
All I have to say regarding your resentful remarks is that I meant to hilariously scoff; I didn't mean to belittle anyone.
I again apologise. I am never recalcitrant in admitting my mistakes.

Reaction score
w07/2
Q5(c)As stationary wave doesn't travel, the speed calculated is speed of the incident and reflected waves. these two waves superimpose/interfere to create the stationary wave
(d) there is no d part of this question ;)

Q2 (a) electric field strength is the strength of electric field. it can be measured by putting a +ve charge in the field and determine the force it experiences. it is a vector quantity. its formal definition will be "force per unit positive charge in an electric field"

Q(5)(a)
in a transverse wave the particles of medium(like water molecules in water waves) travel perpendicular to the direction in which the energy propagates.
in polarisation we restrict the direction of oscillation of particles in one only one direction which is perpendicular to the direction of propagation of energy.
remind me rest of them tomorrow i am having a severe headache now.

Reaction score
I'll be really grateful if someone explain this circuit stuff to me. Just the circuit. I mean how can you say whats's happening, its so complicated.

Attachments

• Untitledaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    Untitledaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
P=W/t or E/T so E=PT => 70*(5*60) => 21000J
for specific latent heat of vapourisation we divide latents heat of vapourisation (i.e. the energy calculated )by mass so
Lf/m= 21000/13.6 = 1544.12 jg^-1
i can be wrong please confirm it :oops:

Reaction score
Can somebody kindly explain nd solve b nd c part

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-10-10-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-10-10-47.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 19