• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
2) A and D must not be the answer, Its obvious.
the answer is C. because unit current is not like unit charge.
current is how many electrons in a second i.e. e/second, which has Amps as its unit.
Charge is Coulomb with a unit C. so both of them are NOT the same.
p.d.= work done/unit charge NOT work done/current SO Answer is not B

7) 20) Suchal Riaz ZaqZainab

31) Before we select an answer, let's review what each answer means.

A. The mathematical expression of this statement is F = E*q. Voltage (potential difference) is not a force, and the E here is an electric field not a difference in potential, so this answer cannot be correct.

B. Energy = V*q = d*E*q is the mathematical expression referred to here. Since I (current) = dq/dt, q = I*t (current is the derivative of charge with respect to time, thus total charge is current times total time passed). This means Energy = V*q (voltage times charge) = V*I*t (voltage times average current times time elapsed), which can be rearranged to say V = E/(I*t). This is not the ratio of energy to current, rather the ratio of energy to charge passed, so this answer cannot be correct.

C. Power = V*I. Thus V = P/I. This is a correct assessment of potential difference. Saying that potential difference in a wire is equal to the ratio of power to current is correct, since V = P/I, so this answer is acceptible.

D. P = V*I = V*dq/dt, which means V = P/(dq/dt). You can go one step further and integrate the top and bottom of this equation and say V = int(dE/dt)/int(dq/dt) = E/q. In neither case is the potential difference the ratio of power to charge moved, it is either the ratio of power to charge moved per second (current), or it is the ratio of the energy dissipated to the charge moved. So this answer is unacceptible.

Thus the answer is C.

thanks and in mcq 2 y is it obvious that A and D r incorrect?

Reaction score
Is answer A ?
no The answer is c and this is how i got the answer
006.jpg

Reaction score
THE ANSWER SHOULD BE 1/3 V , BUT THE ANSWER IN BOOK IS 2/3 V
the potential on the first wire is 5/15 * 2 = 2/3 V
potential in the second wire is 10/15 * 2= 4/3 V
their difference is 2/3 V
which is potential difference.
i know why you are confused.
the place where the wire is joining is actually where there is a little dot. that is junction. where the wire pass straight through it is not a junction.
this might help

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-21_11-40-12.png
    upload_2014-4-21_11-40-12.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
i am not taking the pressure on the bottom. you can't do that. i am taking pressure as where i pointed out in that picture. see it again.
U took 2x for height in Pp and x for height in Pq, i dont get y u dint take that x im so sorry for troubling so much but i dun ge it :(

Reaction score
the potential on the first wire is 5/15 * 2 = 2/3 V
potential in the second wire is 10/15 * 2= 4/3 V
their difference is 2/3 V
which is potential difference.
i know why you are confused.
the place where the wire is joining is actually where there is a little dot. that is junction. where the wire pass straight through it is not a junction.
this might help
Now i got it thanks

Last edited: