• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 6 2012 + chemistry paper 2 2012 discussions

Reaction score
Mark the centre of the cylinder, measure the cylinder.
After the measurement, place it on the metre rule. It should cover up the area we measure (for eg. 2cm)
So it'll cover the area between 8 - 1o and or 9 - 11 and so on..
If length of the cylinder is 2 cm, make sure to place it at 9 cm and so it ends at 11 cm, being 10 in the middle.

^ I'm sleepy, tell me if you dont understand the explanation
I get it. Sort of. I feel kind of dumb now; thanks! :D

Reaction score
first i want to ask a general question :

what is the range of values for which we can say that it is within the limit of experimental accuracy ??

Q.2 http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w10_qp_63.pdf

in this above link of paper can someone explain me that
===>why in the 1 question we are saying it is directly proportional when the line is nt coming from the origin ?

===> in the last question ( 5 c) can some plz give me a sample answer
=====> apart from that sometimes in the spring question they will mentioning some variables in one markscheme and for the same question in anotherpaper the markschemes will not have that point ! so how can we decide which variable to write or not !!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO WILL SPEND SOME OF THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO HELP ME :):)

Reaction score
hey does anyone need more notes or are those enough just asking because i need to put on some chemistry notes on by today because we have it on Wednesday and there will be no time to study so i said it would be better if we started chemistry by today afternoon as i think that physics paper 6 should be fine with u by now (if not i won't do any chemistry today)?If u are ok with it plz say so.
yea that'd b great!!

Reaction score
first i want to ask a general question :

what is the range of values for which we can say that it is within the limit of experimental accuracy ??

Q.2 http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w10_qp_63.pdf

in this above link of paper can someone explain me that
===>why in the 1 question we are saying it is directly proportional when the line is nt coming from the origin ?

===> in the last question ( 5 c) can some plz give me a sample answer
=====> apart from that sometimes in the spring question they will mentioning some variables in one markscheme and for the same question in anotherpaper the markschemes will not have that point ! so how can we decide which variable to write or not !!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO WILL SPEND SOME OF THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO HELP ME :):)
yeah it is sometimes weird un the markscheme
one time i solved the same questione in different variants the answers for the question weren't the same i.e. not all of the points in the first variant 's mark scheme were said in the second variant and that is weird and i don't know what's the reason for that

Reaction score
i really hope these resources help u all :) Wait for more and more and for paper 6 discussion. Then i will start putting chemistry notes paper 2 !

thanks for the notes really helpful may Allah reward u for this....

Reaction score
ok when they ask u for putting pins on a ray they must be 5 or more cm apart in any place on the ray but 5or more cm apart if they ask u whydo we view bases of the pins u say that "the pins may not be vertical " if they say how to increase accuracy of ray diagrams then just say
use more pins
keep pins further apart
view bases of the pins that is all :) hope it helped
thanks alooooot :D
ya'll are awesome.

Reaction score
MARK THE CENTRE OF THE CYLINDER WITH A MARKER AND MOVE THE CYLINDER ALONG THE SCALE UNTIL THE MARKER POINT TOUCHES THE SCALE.

Reaction score
yeah it is sometimes weird un the markscheme
one time i solved the same questione in different variants the answers for the question weren't the same i.e. not all of the points in the first variant 's mark scheme were said in the second variant and that is weird and i don't know what's the reason for that

plz any one here can help us !!!