• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 5 discussion and expected gt !!!

Expected GT?

• >15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-17

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 18-19

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 20-22

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 22<

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey guys. Post your expected GT and discussions of the paper 52 of physics here. Please so not disclose any answers before 24 hours has passed. Thank you.

Reaction score
It was okay, I guess. There's one part of a question though that made us divided . Half got a value, and the half got a different value... Most dramatic is, the two top best students in the school got different answer for it

Reaction score
Well it was fine i think
Q1 was not unexpected , a similar question on soynd came in previous papers but different equation duhh!!
q2 last part was hard u couldnt solve it

Reaction score
Didnt we just had to use equation for calculating the answer in last part? Data was all given. X was to be calculated and current had to be converted into Ampere though before calculation.
Or maybe i did wrong ._.

Reaction score
Didnt we just had to use equation for calculating the answer in last part? Data was all given. X was to be calculated and current had to be converted into Ampere though before calculation.
Or maybe i did wrong ._.
yeah but some people may have calculated the area wrong.
calculating the area was the tricky part. other than that it was good.

Reaction score
yeah but some people may have calculated the area wrong.
calculating the area was the tricky part. other than that it was good.
What do you mean calculating the area was tricky? It was pretty straightforward, no? The tricky part was implementing all those uncertainties.

Reaction score
Answer was to be multiplied with sum of all fractional errors to get the error.
The place where i went wrong was i didnt multiply fractional error of X with 2 since we were squaring it.
Sigh. I only realized this after the paper.
What do you mean calculating the area was tricky? It was pretty straightforward, no? The tricky part was implementing all those uncertainties.

Reaction score
Answer was to be multiplied with sum of all fractional errors to get the error.
The place where i went wrong was i didnt multiply fractional error of X with 2 since we were squaring it.
Sigh. I only realized this after the paper.
Yes, that part was confusing, but I accidentally didn't realise that the sheets were square, so I used the previous width :/

Reaction score
If gradient comes wrong then subsequently all other readings too,how much i will be penalized for this if my all workings are right?

Reaction score
yep and that's what is tricky.
If you missed the word 'square' the whole thing goes wrong.
Nah, I don't think so. It'll probably be 1 mark off, because 1 was to calculate the value and one was to calculate the uncertainty. What did you guys write for question 1?

Reaction score
Well, did anyone get the uncertainty around 25? and for question 1, i wrote laptop and loudspeaker and microphone and CRO? WBU guys?