• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics PAPER 33 HOW DID IT GO?

Reaction score
In the paper, there's a question that says, "explain whether your results support the suggested relationship?"

I've searched ...and there are different methods which contradict each other.

K=Constant.

%Diff= K1(larger value) - K2(smaller value) /K * 100

K : Do we use the AVG or LARGEST VALUE or SMALLEST VALUE??!! as the denominator.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to use the smaller k value as the denominator, if your percentage difference between values is more than 10% then the relationship is not supported.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to use the smaller k value as the denominator, if your percentage difference between values is more than 10% then the relationship is not supported.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-05-16 at 8.52.59 PM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2017-05-16 at 8.52.59 PM - Edited.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Candidates Calculated the percentage difference between their two values of k, and then tested it against a specified percentage uncertainty.,taken from (b)(iv) What does this mean...?
( the last part )

Reaction score
Candidates Calculated the percentage difference between their two values of k, and then tested it against a specified percentage uncertainty. What does this mean...?
( the last part )
usually if the percentage difference in k values is less than the % uncertainty in values then the the readings have a relationship.
So lets say you have 2 values of D and 2 values of X and the ration D/X gives K so..... K1=1.5 and k2=2.29 the percentage difference is 53% however the uncertainty of the first value of X is 5%.... which concludes that percentage difference is much greater than uncertainty meaning there is no relationship.......

Reaction score
Paper clip oscillation and Scale balancing of weights is coming for the practical tomorrow does anyone remember any related experiments from past years??
i searched paper clip oscillations , and its a bunch of paperclips joined together which are made to swing ... not sure if I'm right tho.. ALSO what do u mean by "scale balancing of weights" do u mean centre of mass??

Reaction score
In the paper, there's a question that says, "explain whether your results support the suggested relationship?"

I've searched ...and there are different methods which contradict each other.

K=Constant.

%Diff= K1(larger value) - K2(smaller value) /K * 100

K : Do we use the AVG or LARGEST VALUE or SMALLEST VALUE??!! as the denominator.
the denominator must be the large value of k

Reaction score
How many marks will be deducted for getting wrong readings in question 1 because I messed up and got value of g around 500 because my value of gradient was very less so how many marks will be deducted?

Reaction score
T
How many marks will be deducted for getting wrong readings in question 1 because I messed up and got value of g around 500 because my value of gradient was very less so how many marks will be deducted?
The average value of results for 'g' varied from 1 ms-2 to 20 ms-2. So if your answers are in this range, you dont have to worry. However, since you got a 500 ms-2 for 'g' that is applicably too high. Hence, there is an error in your graph. Your graph is incorrectly plotted through scaling. The other reason maybe you did not take the complete oscillation into consideration. Hence, for marking your points incorrectly you will be deducted about maximum mark of 3. However, if your reading is not valid, you will loose only about 3 marks in (a) out of 8 marks and be awarded error carried forward to (b) onwards. However, if your plotting is also wrong, you will loose about 3 marks there too. Then , you will receive marks only from part (c) onwards, subjected to error carried forward condition. Hence, you will loose a minimum of 3 marks and a maximum of 7~10 marks depending on your working. Thank you!

Reaction score
T

The average value of results for 'g' varied from 1 ms-2 to 20 ms-2. So if your answers are in this range, you dont have to worry. However, since you got a 500 ms-2 for 'g' that is applicably too high. Hence, there is an error in your graph. Your graph is incorrectly plotted through scaling. The other reason maybe you did not take the complete oscillation into consideration. Hence, for marking your points incorrectly you will be deducted about maximum mark of 3. However, if your reading is not valid, you will loose only about 3 marks in (a) out of 8 marks and be awarded error carried forward to (b) onwards. However, if your plotting is also wrong, you will loose about 3 marks there too. Then , you will receive marks only from part (c) onwards, subjected to error carried forward condition. Hence, you will loose a minimum of 3 marks and a maximum of 7~10 marks depending on your working. Thank you!
I just took incorrect readings..scaling of graph,etc was correct I think

Reaction score
T

My answer was like 7.31 or something like that! Is that ok?