• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P5 All Info You Need !!

Reaction score
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY INFO THAT I MIGHT BE MISSING IN YOUR COMMENTS !!

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all this! :D If you wouldnt mind though, could you please explain the calorimeter to me? And the hydrometer? I also need help in Q2 in making the equation into y = mx + c...could you help me out in those 3 cases you mentioned above? Would really appreciate it! :D

and also, once proven, dont we have to break down all the equations into y = mx + c? to derive the gradient and y intercept? what will be the gradient/y intercept then in the other 2 types of equations??

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all this! :D If you wouldnt mind though, could you please explain the calorimeter to me? And the hydrometer? I also need help in Q2 in making the equation into y = mx + c...could you help me out in those 3 cases you mentioned above? Would really appreciate it! :D

and also, once proven, dont we have to break down all the equations into y = mx + c? to derive the gradient and y intercept? what will be the gradient/y intercept then in the other 2 types of equations??

Callorimeter gives the temperature change for a reaction.
Hydrometer when dipped in liquid gives it's density.

equation given in Q2 can be expressed in the form Y=mX+c

Y (Y co-ordinate)
m (gradient)
X (X co-ordinate)
Y (Y intercept)

Deriving to Y=mX+C form involves adding,subtracting,dividing,multiplying,squaring,taking log and so on.

Reaction score

for both the other methods try taking log.. :)

Reaction score

asdsad.png

Reaction score
Are these the same ones? and can you give an example on how to do y = e^kn types?

SalmanslK

and thanks for the help

which one will be the independent variable? if n is, then ln y against n with gradient k. You just have to put it in a form y=mx+c, where y is the dependent variable and x as independent variable