• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics p42 discussion

Reaction score
Is Escape velocity in our Syllabus. I doubt about it. as one of my teacher told us that if question is set on that topic formula related to escape velocity will be given

Reaction score
Is Escape velocity in our Syllabus. I doubt about it. as one of my teacher told us that if question is set on that topic formula related to escape velocity will be given
It is definitely in the syllabus, no doubt about that. I've even studied about it days before the exam in Znotes

Reaction score
GUYS , IN THE SHM QUESTION ABOUT THE TROLLEY, WE WERE ASKED TO STATE AND EXPLAIN THE TYPE OF DAMPING IN THE TROLLEY.. HOWEVER, I DONT THINK I READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY .. I HEARD THAT IT SAID " STATE AND EXPLAIN " .. WHILE I ONLY STATED THE ANSWER AS '' LIGHTLY DAMPED ''.. WILL I GET A MARK..
I AM WORRIED BECAUSE WHAT IF THE MS IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS :
energy dissipates gradually with time M1
so lightly damped A1
I WON'T GET A SCORE IF IT IS LIKE THIS BECAUSE I WONT HAVE EARNED M1 ...

Reaction score
but nothing such is mentioned in the syllabus
Im sorry to say but if that was the case then how can all the candidates in my exam venue do it using the same method? You might have been misguided a bit. Well dont worry too much, its just few marks. You can spare 30+ marks and still get an A

Reaction score
GUYS , IN THE SHM QUESTION ABOUT THE TROLLEY, WE WERE ASKED TO STATE AND EXPLAIN THE TYPE OF DAMPING IN THE TROLLEY.. HOWEVER, I DONT THINK I READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY .. I HEARD THAT IT SAID " STATE AND EXPLAIN " .. WHILE I ONLY STATED THE ANSWER AS '' LIGHTLY DAMPED ''.. WILL I GET A MARK..
I AM WORRIED BECAUSE WHAT IF THE MS IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS :
energy dissipates gradually with time M1
so lightly damped A1
I WON'T GET A SCORE IF IT IS LIKE THIS BECAUSE I WONT HAVE EARNED M1 ...
I think you will get 1 mark.

Reaction score
was there another part? after the light damping one, where they asked for the reason? something related to energy