• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics general tips :)

Reaction score
can anyone plz explain how to check if the rule or object is vertical on horizontal? =/

Reaction score
can anyone plz explain how to check if the rule or object is vertical on horizontal? =/
I guess i am too late now :(
But anyway p6 is still left so here it is:
A vertical object is parallel to the Y-axis and a horizontal object is parallel to the X-axis.
I hope that's what u asked about :) Goodluck! :)

Reaction score
I guess i am too late now :(
But anyway p6 is still left so here it is:
A vertical object is parallel to the Y-axis and a horizontal object is parallel to the X-axis.
I hope that's what u asked about :) Goodluck! :)

which varient are yu giving n when?
yes.. thnkyu soo much ! :)
im giving varient one on tuesday,n im pretty scared as im rlly wweak in physics,any advises on wht to learn?

Reaction score
which varient are yu giving n when?
yes.. thnkyu soo much ! :)
im giving varient one on tuesday,n im pretty scared as im rlly wweak in physics,any advises on wht to learn?
For p6:
1) check this out: http://revisionguide.blogspot.com/p/physics-atp.html2)you must be having atleast 2 textbooks, so look for chapters that are based on practical physics.
3) Keep these things in mind:
• When plotting a graph it is important to choose the scales so that the plots occupy more
than half of the graph grid. Careless, rushed graph plotting can lose several marks. You
should always use a sharp pencil and plot small, neat, accurately placed crosses. Then
draw a neat thin best-fit line.
• You should understand that if y is proportional to x then the graph will be a straight line
through the origin.
• Diagrams should be drawn with care using a sharp pencil.
• It is important to be able to set up a circuit from a diagram, draw a circuit diagram of a
circuit already set up and also to draw a circuit diagram from a written description.
• You need to know that to read the current through a component (e.g. a lamp or a resistor)
and the voltage across it, the ammeter is placed in series with the component but the
voltmeter must be connected in parallel with the component.
• Column headings in tables of readings must be headed with the quantity and unit as in
these examples: I/A, or t/s, or y/m. Graph axes are labelled in the same way.
• Final answers should be given to 2 or 3 significant figures.
• When carrying out practical work there are usually measurements that are in some way
difficult to take in spite of taking great care. You should comment about these difficulties
when asked about precautions taken to improve accuracy.
• You should understand that the control of variables is an important aspect of practical
work. You should be able to comment on the control of variables in a particular
experiment.
• You should understand the significance of wording such as ‘within the limits of
experimental accuracy’.
• If you are asked to justify a statement that you have made it must be justified by
reference to the readings. A theoretical justification in a practical test will not gain marks.

Do your best!

Reaction score
For p6:
1) check this out: http://revisionguide.blogspot.com/p/physics-atp.html2)you must be having atleast 2 textbooks, so look for chapters that are based on practical physics.
3) Keep these things in mind:
• When plotting a graph it is important to choose the scales so that the plots occupy more
than half of the graph grid. Careless, rushed graph plotting can lose several marks. You
should always use a sharp pencil and plot small, neat, accurately placed crosses. Then
draw a neat thin best-fit line.
• You should understand that if y is proportional to x then the graph will be a straight line
through the origin.
• Diagrams should be drawn with care using a sharp pencil.
• It is important to be able to set up a circuit from a diagram, draw a circuit diagram of a
circuit already set up and also to draw a circuit diagram from a written description.
• You need to know that to read the current through a component (e.g. a lamp or a resistor)
and the voltage across it, the ammeter is placed in series with the component but the
voltmeter must be connected in parallel with the component.
• Column headings in tables of readings must be headed with the quantity and unit as in
these examples: I/A, or t/s, or y/m. Graph axes are labelled in the same way.
• Final answers should be given to 2 or 3 significant figures.
• When carrying out practical work there are usually measurements that are in some way
difficult to take in spite of taking great care. You should comment about these difficulties
when asked about precautions taken to improve accuracy.
• You should understand that the control of variables is an important aspect of practical
work. You should be able to comment on the control of variables in a particular
experiment.
• You should understand the significance of wording such as ‘within the limits of
experimental accuracy’.
• If you are asked to justify a statement that you have made it must be justified by
reference to the readings. A theoretical justification in a practical test will not gain marks.

Do your best!
oh thnkyuu
but can yu give me some examples of variables in particular experiments? and how to improve accuraces in them?
i dont understnd within limits of experimental accuracy :p ..does it mean tht the experiment is accurate?
and do i have to learn all the laws? lykk ohms law n all?
In Shaa Allah,yu'll get an A* (y)

Reaction score
oh thnkyuu
but can yu give me some examples of variables in particular experiments? and how to improve accuraces in them?
i dont understnd within limits of experimental accuracy :p ..does it mean tht the experiment is accurate?
and do i have to learn all the laws? lykk ohms law n all?
In Shaa Allah,yu'll get an A* (y)
for the laws don't memorize anything, see the graphs and stuff.Within the limit of accuracy means That following All the precautions to make the experiment accurate. I'll post the rest later :)

Reaction score
for the laws don't memorize anything, see the graphs and stuff.Within the limit of accuracy means That following All the precautions to make the experiment accurate. I'll post the rest later :)
so means,lyk i hav to learn ohmic conductor graphs or sumthng?
okayyy,thnkuu
yes plz do,ill be luking upto it :)