• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I get your point, but doing a solution manual is an overshot

CIE (whether it is O-level, IGCSE, or a level) surprise students from all over the world, with their unpredictable and rather out of context questions, so depending on me to do past papers might induce over reliance in weak students and results in overall poorer grade

I appreciate your concern for the weak, and I would offer help as long as I am available, but making all past papers available as solutions for all students is probably hard for me to complete in context of time + would stop students from practicing

my number one tip here is just to break down the question into its constituents then rearrange with a possible solution

another studying robot :/

depends upon the subject as far as the unique nature of questions goes

check the Candidate Response Booklets if you have not they are available on the website gceguide or you could ask your school it is their responsibility to use those to guide students

the solution manual should not prevent students from practicing because in the end each student has to practice to develop the thinking skill required, solution manuals at-least good ones 'guide' a student towards an answer making them think constructively, so far the ones available are okay at best because they never really guide students

there are many students who study without tuitions of any kind because they simply cannot afford it, solution manuals let such students and others understand where they went wrong and why

yes daily time will be an issue for most students like yourself to be making solution manuals but this is something you can continue slowly over years

the breaking down of a question is a standard CIE tip, do not know why teachers have stopped using it if they have done so, we used to underline the key words of questions and answer accordingly, doing different types of questions to get good at one type of question is also something we used to do, so try answering questions of different boards and educational systems of different countries, try Schaum's Outlines

also check books like Make it Stick by Peter C. Brown such books will give you research backed studying techniques

Reaction score
are
Anyone here who is private candidate for o levels or who is done o levels privately . I just want to have some guidelines
you doing privately if so I think it is late for oct nov 2017, anyhow if you want to register as private for may June 2018 check British council website of your country and see what guidelines they have, that's all I can help

Reaction score
studyingrobot457

what point do I make out of all of this

artificial intelligence/robots have begun to develop to the extend that they are able to interact like humans to some extent (albeit in a rudimentary way), these are just a few examples and the pace at which they learn does go well beyond human ability, so for AI to initiate an interaction without being told to do something will not be much of an issue, so the idea (which many people have):-

"...robots only answer or act when they're asked to"

is really not applicable anymore and definitely will not be applicable within the next 10 to 20 years, someone studying the sciences should know this, since AI has penetrated several fields already and will be a big part of future research in many fields specially genetics and large scale projects where complex analysis is needed, in developed countries many low/mid level workers will be replaced by AI/Robotics within the next 20 to 30 years

it is also a bit important to note the difference between a General Purpose Learning Machine and Artificial Intelligence
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/...telligence-machine-learning-deep-learning-ai/

Reaction score
i have registered for biology , english & urdu private . i just want to ask that how private candidates study what is their routine bcs only 1 month is left for exam

Reaction score
i have registered for biology , english & urdu private . i just want to ask that how private candidates study what is their routine bcs only 1 month is left for exam
I would say, routines are different from person to another, but since 1 month left, I guess it is only matter of revision+past paper solving, doing this on daily basis and inshallah you will get what you deserve, read other articles such as these

1.https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/exams-exams-everywhere-some-tips-to-ace-them.23552/

2.https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/simple-tips-hope-they-help.12430/

Reaction score
I would say, routines are different from person to another, but since 1 month left, I guess it is only matter of revision+past paper solving, doing this on daily basis and inshallah you will get what you deserve, read other articles such as these

1.https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/exams-exams-everywhere-some-tips-to-ace-them.23552/

2.https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/simple-tips-hope-they-help.12430/

And I had given paper in June 2017 I wanna ask that did private candidates received their result at home of June 2017

Reaction score
studyingrobot457

artificial intelligence/robots have begun to develop to the extend that they are able to interact like humans to some extent (albeit in a rudimentary way), these are just a few examples and the pace at which they learn does go well beyond human ability, so for AI to initiate an interaction without being told to do something will not be much of an issue, so the idea (which many people have):-

"...robots only answer or act when they're asked to"

is really not applicable anymore and definitely will not be applicable within the next 10 to 20 years, someone studying the sciences should know this, since AI has penetrated several fields already and will be a big part of future research in many fields specially genetics and large scale projects where complex analysis is needed, in developed countries many low/mid level workers will be replaced by AI/Robotics within the next 20 to 30 years

it is also a bit important to note the difference between a General Purpose Learning Machine and Artificial Intelligence
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/...telligence-machine-learning-deep-learning-ai/
what is up with religious debate with other members?

Reaction score
f
guys got any useful notes about change in momentum?

well, for momentum you only need to know Ft=mv-mu and that momentum=m*v
+ apply it to some situations

Syllabus said:
• Understand the concepts of momentum
and impulse
• Recall and use the equation
momentum = mass × velocity, p=mv
• Recall and use the equation for impulse
Ft = mv – mu
• Apply the principle of the conservation of
momentum to solve simple problems in
one dimension

so just revise the textbook a bit and do 2016 +2017 past papers that contain these questions

Reaction score
I want notes on change In momentum cuz in mayjune2016 p21 question 8 he asked wht happen to the ball as it hits the wall but the speed is same someone tell me why momentum chqnged

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want notes on change In momentum cuz in mayjune2016 p21 question 8 he asked wht happen to the ball as it hits the wall but the speed is same someone tell me why momentum chqnged
I checked paper 21, no momentum question, however paper 23 q.8 has something about a gas molecule (not a ball, read the questions carefully please:mad:) that hits a wall, and there is a reason why momentum actually change, recall that momentum is actually a vector quantity so change in direction will change velocity, thus changing momentum however, K.e is scalar and is not affected by directional change