• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well..I hope u like them. Im only 14 ok so keep that in mind while reading the books and expect the english grammar of 14 year old:D

Thanks! and That means you have wattpad account right?
I read the first chp of imposter and yes its nice, and grammar's also good...keep up the good work!

My pleasure....that means i've got loads of books in the shelf and on the ebook reader
I had an wattpad but now its been long since ive logged in so forget the password and even the user name

Reaction score
Well..I hope u like them. Im only 14 ok so keep that in mind while reading the books and expect the english grammar of 14 year old:D

That means you have wattpad account right?
I read the first chp of imposter and yes its nice, and grammar's also good...keep up the good work!

My pleasure....that means i've got loads of books in the shelf and on the ebook reader
I had an wattpad but now its been long since ive logged in so forget the password and even the user name
Oh ok

Reaction score
biology doubt

0610_w12_qp_33

In question two part b I guess, there is the question says use letter to represent area in which process occur, so the last one was like unfiltered blood pass to renal vein, and the answer was D this made me wonder is all blood filtered when it pass to kidney or not?

Reaction score
I've heard that a healthy kidney is highly efficient in its filtration function
Well, all blood at the end ...filtered or unfiltered returns to the renal vein
Now God knows why they wrote unfiltered blood specifically ...makes little sense*sigh*

Reaction score
Water potential is the tendency of water 2 move by osmosis . For e.g, in osmosis , water moves from a high water potential 2 a low water potential. It means dat water moves from a region where there is more water 2 a region of less water through a semi permeable membrane

Reaction score
Its the ability of of a cell to draw in water.pure water has a water potential of 0 as solutes are added to the water its water potential falls..becomes negative and when two areas of different water potential are separated by a semi permeable membrane water moves from the less negative area to the more negative area so we say that water moves from an area of hwp to an area of lwp
This process cam be observed when you place RBC in a salt solution or clearly when you sprinkle salt on slugs, so as to kill them....
Best defined as:- it is the tendency for water to move out of the solution; the mire water in the solution, the greater its water potential!

Reaction score
in islamiat syllabus its written that candidates should study the direct line recognised among Shi‘a Muslims as Imams
do we have to only learn their names or also something about them
plus which book are u guys using
and plz tell what type of questions are asked for this topic & how many of u will be appearing for islamiat paper

Reaction score
so in easy words ' water potential tells the concentration of water'
is that ?
Ya ..... kind of..... but we don't usually say dat the water is concentrated. So the term concentration won't fit in here.

If in a question it's written dat there is a dilute solution ( has more water molecules ) n a concentrated solution ( less water molecules ), then u will have 2 understand dat the dilute solution has a high water potential n the concentrated solution has a low water potential.

Reaction score
Ya ..... kind of..... but we don't usually say dat the water is concentrated. So the term concentration won't fit in here.

If in a question it's written dat there is a dilute solution ( has more water molecules ) n a concentrated solution ( less water molecules ), then u will have 2 understand dat the dilute solution has a high water potential n the concentrated solution has a low water potential.

thanx alot ;)

Reaction score
in islamiat syllabus its written that candidates should study the direct line recognised among Shi‘a Muslims as Imams
do we have to only learn their names or also something about them
plus which book are u guys using
and plz tell what type of questions are asked for this topic & how many of u will be appearing for islamiat paper
I was told that this topic isn't important, so i only learned a few names and even if a ques related to this comes there will be an option
Since not any one book is perfect we study from more than one...depends from which one can you understand better
Islamiyat by farkanda noor and another oxford book written by David thomas and Mustafa
Then we have islam in the modern perspective by Ayesha Tariq
You should refer to all three of of them
For the imams topic i've never come across any ques but if you have learned well then u should be able to ans all types of ques

Reaction score
Ok so why does a solution having high concentration of of water said to have a higher water potential?

Reaction score
any of guys have the textbook pdf version of
Essential Biology for Cambridge IGCSE®-ISBN: 978-0-19-839920-9
Essential Chemistry for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-835518-2
Essential Physics for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-841770-5

Reaction score
any of guys have the textbook pdf version of
Essential Biology for Cambridge IGCSE®-ISBN: 978-0-19-839920-9
Essential Chemistry for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-835518-2
Essential Physics for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-841770-5