• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
yes but y r we subtracting the masses
I found a reasonable, or more so, a correct explanation.
You see, 16.3 g of ice melted due to the heat from the heater and the surrouding as well. For the further 2 minutes, it was just to show how much ice would melt due to energy from the surroundings only. Therefore, the actual mass of ice which actually melted due to the heater in 2 minutes is 16.3-2.1=14.2 g.

Reaction score
I found a reasonable, or more so, a correct explanation.
You see, 16.3 g of ice melted due to the heat from the heater and the surrouding as well. For the further 2 minutes, it was just to show how much ice would melt due to energy from the surroundings only. Therefore, the actual mass of ice which actually melted due to the heater in 2 minutes is 16.3-2.1=14.2 g.
I am baffled to see how mind boggling these ques can become at times
that's a fairly accurate and convincing explanation so thank you for bringing to our knowledge this idea and showing us the amount of ugliness hidden in this subj

Reaction score
I am baffled to see how mind boggling these ques can become at times
that's a fairly accurate and convincing explanation so thank you for bringing to our knowledge this idea and showing us the amount of ugliness hidden in this subj
It was my pleasure, you are welcome.
There was also another question. It was about some gas trapped in a syringe. The syringe's piston was not sealed i.e. it could move. The question was when the temperature is increased , state the effect on the pressure of the gas.
Took me some time to get my head around this.

Reaction score
It was my pleasure, you are welcome.
There was also another question. It was about some gas trapped in a syringe. The syringe's piston was not sealed i.e. it could move. The question was when the temperature is increased , state the effect on the pressure of the gas.
Took me some time to get my head around this.
the volume of the gas in the syringe will increase as the temperature increases and the pressure would remain the same ?

Reaction score
TBH I find these heat capacity one question very easy:) .But when it comes to barometer and speed time graphs then physics starts acting as a problem for me.:confused:
TBH with you, unfortunately i like phy with the whole of my heart but physics doesn't like me back :(
i think magnetism and radiation is the easiest bit
and yes, not only is the speed time graph ques a nuisance in phy but it is there in maths too and i remember, this ques came in the maths paper and i had to do alot of cutting and thinking

Reaction score
TBH with you, unfortunately i like phy with the whole of my heart but physics doesn't like me back :(
i think magnetism and radiation is the easiest bit
and yes, not only is the speed time graph ques a nuisance in phy but it is there in maths too and i remember, this ques came in the maths paper and i had to do alot of cutting and thinking
Same!
These graphs are like the only reason I hate physics.Or else I like it

Reaction score
I solved it long time ago and I got 720.Now I forgot how I solved and Im stuck
Many of us tried this ques but didn't get 720, so we stick to our own method
besides the subtraction for the upper part part of this ques is clearly wrong in the ms