• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Also, I wanted to know whether or not key words are really important..........coz from what I heard, it seems that keywords are the most important thing in biology...............plzzzz help
They are important because they tell you how you need to answer a question.
( And obviously you need to look at the number of marks as well.)

Reaction score
They are important because they tell you how you need to answer a question.
( And obviously you need to look at the number of marks as well.)
ummmm........thanks but there must be just some important keywords that u need to write in the answers, right??? Cuz I don't know so many keywords........

Reaction score
ummmm........thanks but there must be just some important keywords that u need to write in the answers, right??? Cuz I don't know so many keywords........
Oh...I thought you were talking about command words...sorry my mistake.
Yes... there would be a few of words which are a MUST in your answer.

Reaction score
Oh...I thought you were talking about command words...sorry my mistake.
Yes... there would be a few of words which are a MUST in your answer.
Thanks........my teacher wanted like a keyword in every answer and she makes it look like if I don't write keywords, I will fail..........was confused......:)

Reaction score
Thanks........my teacher wanted like a keyword in every answer and she makes it look like if I don't write keywords, I will fail..........was confused......:)
Welcome.
So you do understand that in answers there will be words which are necessary to get you full marks...

Reaction score
Welcome.
So you do understand that in answers there will be words which are necessary to get you full marks...
yes..........also do u have any idea as to if the structural isomerism of alcohols is included or may be asked in chemistry????? thnxxx alot!!!!!!

Reaction score
It is a plant hormone responsible for plant growth produced in the tips of the shoots and roots.
Nope a hormone is a chemical released by an endocrine gland ,secreted in the bloodstream which targets an organ and alters its activity !!
Auxin isn't released by a gland nor it is secreted in the bloodstream . Then what is it ??

Reaction score
Nope a hormone is a chemical released by an endocrine gland ,secreted in the bloodstream which targets an organ and alters its activity !!
Auxin isn't released by a gland nor it is secreted in the bloodstream . Then what is it ??
I think that definition of hormone is correct but specifically for animals.
Auxin is a PLANT hormone so it is not related to "secreted in the bloodstream " but it is the hormone responsible for plant growth.

Reaction score
I think that definition of hormone is correct but specifically for animals.
Auxin is a PLANT hormone so it is not related to "secreted in the bloodstream " but it is the hormone responsible for plant growth.
hmm

Reaction score
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! That really helped..........................:)
Welcome!
Do practice a lot of past papers (and to be on the safe side check the 2015 syllabus for Organic chemistry and see what it says about isomerism).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello i needed help in this question... plsss...:)
Suggest and explain how a named insect could evolve over a period of time. (0610_s03_qp_3.pdf)