• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
And these two also
First screenshot,

a) insert UI paper in the drink,
notice color change,
compare the color change with colors on the ph chart to know its ph

b) chromatography, yeah.
mention the chromatography paper and the base line pencilled on it,
a suitable solvent in which the paper will be dipped,
then say something like the different pigments will travel at different rates across the chromatogram,
and hence will be separated and each would be seen indivisually across different places on the ppr

c) attach a calibrated gas syringe at the mouth of the gas can and read off the value of volume from it.

Reaction score
And these two also
second screenshot,

a) not so sure-
so the gas cools considerably and doesn't cause a stir in the limewater, thus not affecting results.

b) maybe that the funnel above the burning candle allowed gases from the air to enter the system

c) its the drawing force that allows the gas to move further across the apparatus

Reaction score
About physics,
Can anybody tell me whats included in paper 1,4 and 6?
paper one is simple multiple choiced questions. You have a question, then you're given four options to select your answer from. there are a set of 40 questions to answer.

like this -

31.GIF

paper six is an alternative paper to science practicals, asking to label apparatus and questions regarding basic experiments are tested upon.

Reaction score
paper one is simple multiple choiced questions. You have a question, then you're given four options to select your answer from. there are a set of 40 questions to answer.

like this -

31.GIF

paper six is an alternative paper to science practicals, asking to label apparatus and questions regarding basic experiments are tested upon.
Thanks for telling but my bad,I know that in paper 1 there are mcqs,paper 4 is theory and paper 6 is atp,I was getting confused in another thing but its cleared now,thanks again!

Reaction score
A very simple question from me... What is the difference between evaporation and crystallisation... What does one method offer that the other does not? I'm posing this question because both methods of separation seem to satisfy the same objective: extracting a dissolved substance from a solution...
evaporation in simple words mean change or liquid into vapour while crystallisation means change of liquid into solid. :)

Reaction score
second screenshot,

a) not so sure-
so the gas cools considerably and doesn't cause a stir in the limewater, thus not affecting results.

b) maybe that the funnel above the burning candle allowed gases from the air to enter the system

c) its the drawing force that allows the gas to move further across the apparatus
Thanks for helping

Reaction score
Umm.........I wanted to ask wether the isomerism of alcohols is in the syllabus.......thnx

Reaction score
  1. In a certain organism, two traits are determined by two pairs of alleles, each of which shows dominance. One trait is determined by some combination of the alleles A and a. The other trait is determined by some combination of the alleles B and b, which are located on a different chromosome from A and a. Construct a complete Punnett square to show the results of a cross between two parents with genotypes Aabb (parent #1) and AaBb (parent #2). Then determine each of the following:

a) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same genotype as parent #1?
    b) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same phenotype as parent #2?
    c) What fraction of the offspring is expected to be dihybrid?

Please help me, i have a test tmmw!!! if possible please mail me the answer at [email protected]

Reaction score
In a certain organism, two traits are determined by two pairs of alleles, each of which shows dominance. One trait is determined by some combination of the alleles A and a. The other trait is determined by some combination of the alleles B and b, which are located on a different chromosome from A and a. Construct a complete Punnett square to show the results of a cross between two parents with genotypes Aabb (parent #1) and AaBb (parent #2). Then determine each of the following:

a) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same genotype as parent #1?
b) What fraction of the offspring is expected to have the same phenotype as parent #2?
c) What fraction of the offspring is expected to be dihybrid?

Please help me, i have a test tmmw!!! if possible please mail me the answer at [email protected]

Reaction score
bro.... I find one thing contradicting in micrometer screw gauge does the fractionating scale have 1mm or 0.5mm length and are ther 50 or 100 divisions cuz david sang's book says 50 and 0.5 bt pople says 1 and 100?? which is correct?? URGENT HELP!!

Reaction score
View attachment 50059
Guys could anyone help?! Especially (ii) I'm stuck wiz it

(i)Magnesium, iron, lead and silver (most to least)
(ii) Always the most reactive metals lose ions most readily........so that would be magnesium
(iii)I think silver would be the one that is the best oxidising agent since it would be the one that most readily accepts electrons

Reaction score
Also, I wanted to know whether or not key words are really important..........coz from what I heard, it seems that keywords are the most important thing in biology...............plzzzz help