• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This is not actually a doubt but I need a little help
the problem is that my physics sir gave me a book named ' Explaining physics ' by Stephen Pople
that book is really good but he (sir) gave me the book temporarily I have to return it as soon as I can
I tried to go to a copy center copy the book but too expensive ( book is good thats why i need to copy and keep it )
If anyone here can really help me it would mean the world to me ( post a copy of the book here or link or something like that )
the book name is
Explaining Physics gcse Edition
by Stephen Pople
please post as soon as possible as board (IGCSE ) exams are really near
Thank You
Well you could get a second hand book priced well below the original price
Not as many people are willing to post an entire book on the net. After all, they are copyright. If you live in Pak, then you can get a pirate or a second-hand book easily. But if you are not, but have a relative in Pak, then tell them to send it for you. Stephen Pople has another book (Fundamental Physics); you can buy that book

Reaction score
In paper 6 (both bio and phy) they ask to plot graphs, is it necessary to start the graphs from 0 (X Axis Y Axis) or we can put that sign to show that the graph is not beginning with 0 and plot it? will they cut marks for it? ...

Reaction score
Well you could get a second hand book priced well below the original price
Not as many people are willing to post an entire book on the net. After all, they are copyright. If you live in Pak, then you can get a pirate or a second-hand book easily. But if you are not, but have a relative in Pak, then tell them to send it for you. Stephen Pople has another book (Fundamental Physics); you can buy that book
thanks mate
but i live in ksa, riyadh
but anyway thanks for the help, appreciate it

Reaction score
Why do branched isomers have a lower melting point/ boliling point than unbranched ones of the same molecular formula?

Reaction score
View attachment 39209
excuse me, but the answer for Ques4 a(ii) shouldnt it be that the forward reaction in equation one is endothermic and is favored by high temp. where as the forward reaction in equation 2 is exothermic that is why a high yield is obtained at low temp., plz correct me if i am wrong.

Reaction score
View attachment 39209
excuse me, but the answer for Ques4 a(ii) shouldnt it be that the forward reaction in equation one is endothermic and is favored by high temp. where as the forward reaction in equation 2 is exothermic that is why a high yield is obtained at low temp., plz correct me if i am wrong.
Read the equations again. They are not the same equations

Reaction score
Q2 part c
Q5
Q6
q8 part h,j,k
Please help me out asap :(

Attachments

• 5070_s13_qp_41.pdf
    216.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah i'm aware of that, but still i think that the reason should be related to endo and exo reactions. if not plz expand on ur point of view.
The endo and exo things are not even given. We can't assume that. And not every reaction has a forward reaction that is endo, and the backward reaction being exo. It can be the vice versa as well

Reaction score
The endo and exo things are not even given. We can't assume that. And not every reaction has a forward reaction that is endo, and the backward reaction being exo. It can be the vice versa as well
yeah it is true i just assumed based on the case. which year is this let me check the marking scheme?

Reaction score
Q2 part c
IMG_20140420_211126.jpgthis should do for part c(i)
in c(ii)the answer should be that both contain a double bond. this is because a double bond characterize unsaturated alkenes as it can be broken to single bonds and more hydrogen atoms can be attached.

for ques 5 i think u hsould measure the distence between base line and spot(X) and then divide this by distance moved by solvent (solvent front) from base line.check i think u should get the answer.