• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
I'm sorry xhizors the internet was playin arnd gettin me pissed :/ Finally, here, my solubility table.. and yeah, i like ur idea of discussing papers:)
Jazak Allahu Khair brother:)

Attachments

• DSC05183.JPG
    DSC05183.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC05184.JPG
    DSC05184.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sort of freaking out.
What are the requirements for the tables they ask us to draw on our own???!?
-Just headings right??? No actual calculation of values???? Oh God.

Reaction score
I'm sorry xhizors the internet was playin arnd gettin me pissed :/ Finally, here, my solubility table.. and yeah, i like ur idea of discussing papers:)
Jazak Allahu Khair brother:)
y u took the mass of solution u have to divide it with mass of water( and u did state in the formula mass of water in solution not the mass of solution)
solution even includes the mass of solid with mass of water

Reaction score
Enthalpy Change of Solution(Use Calorimeter)

-Pour Water 50cm3 in Plastic cup
-stir a little and measure its temperature (remem 0.2 graduations) its initial temp
-cautiously take NaOH as it is corrosive (use hand gloves as it can react with a moisture in your hand) measure 30cm3 of Naoh using measuring cylinder
-pour alkali in plastic cup stir it with thermometer and record the highest temperature

Thats it no more Rocket science
use equation Q=mc4T => 80gx4.2x(65-30)
here u get the Enthalpy change of Solution

Pray for me that i get able to make my way toward a World Distinction Inshallah!!

Question : might sound stupid but does mixing 30g of NaOH and 50g of H20 make up the mass of solution to 80g because doesnt molecules like dissolve in it nd do not really increase vol of water ? i knw stupid, but its really bugging me

Reaction score
y u took the mass of solution u have to divide it with mass of water( and u did state in the formula mass of water in solution not the mass of solution)
solution even includes the mass of solid with mass of water
mass of water in a saturated solution

Reaction score
ok so no plan yet
here's what i did
n12 p53 Q1b pls sort out if u find any prob
- I first consider 2.1 and wrote its mols ratio
and drive 1mol of cuco3 will give 1/4th mol of oxy with 1co2 so 1 mol will give a total of 30 dm3
-then considered 2.2 simple mole ratio 1:1 so only 24dm3 would be collected
- i took 100cm3 mcylinder if considering 2.1 so mass required for cuco3 is 0.412
and for 2.2 0.515
by unitry method
- to confirm decomposition u repeat until constant vol is achieved!
so in conclusion gass collected and mol ratio can help us to determine whic decomposition is taking place

Reaction score
it takes ALOT of time for me to figure out the scale is there any easy way of doin it?
p.s Ive always had problems in graphs =/

Reaction score
ok so no plan yet
here's what i did
n12 p53 Q1b pls sort out if u find any prob
- I first consider 2.1 and wrote its mols ratio
and drive 1mol of cuco3 will give 1/4th mol of oxy with 1co2 so 1 mol will give a total of 30 dm3
-then considered 2.2 simple mole ratio 1:1 so only 24dm3 would be collected
- i took 100cm3 mcylinder if considering 2.1 so mass required for cuco3 is 0.412
and for 2.2 0.515
by unitry method
- to confirm decomposition u repeat until constant vol is achieved!
so in conclusion gass collected and mol ratio can help us to determine whic decomposition is taking place
xhizors I asked whether or not i should upload a photo:)

Reaction score
it takes ALOT of time for me to figure out the scale is there any easy way of doin it?
p.s Ive always had problems in graphs =/
always make scales that r divisible by 2,4 and 5 dont make awkward scales like 3, 7 , 11 etc on each large square no keep it neat like 2, 4, 6 etc on each large square

Reaction score
Anyway, here's my answer.
thst's exactly what i did:D

Attachments

• DSC05185.JPG
    DSC05185.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 36