• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
in this question u r making a solution of NaOH and CuSO4
use c1v1=c2v2
push a little harder and bingo u'll get it!!

tell me if prob resist
sorry 4 being a pain in the head but i still didnt get it ....how do we use c1v1=c2v2 ...they havnt given anything apart from the con of NaoH ..the question asks us 2 prepare solutionsof an appropriate range of con

Reaction score
For calculating the solubilities i took mass of the solid,which for the first case,is 77.9 .Then I divided it by the mass of the water which is 43.5,for the first one. So the solubility is that times a 100,so my first solubility is 179. Is that wrong? What are you supposed to do then??
Actually i am sorry, that question is an exception!! ur values are right mines same!
but think it like can u dissolved 2kg of cheeni(sugar) in 10cm3 water

Reaction score
Actually i am sorry, that question is an exception!! ur values are right mines same!
but think it like can u dissolved 2kg of cheeni(sugar) in 10cm3 water
Yeah exactly..it makes sense..
Thanks a lot guys! :)

Reaction score
i need to find the solubility so it is mass of solid dissolved/mass of water. they gave me 60cm^3 of distilled water should i pretend that 1g = 1cm^3 or there is a way to find the mass of water?
that's the standard way of doing it.. 1cm3=1g

Reaction score
sorry 4 being a pain in the head but i still didnt get it ....how do we use c1v1=c2v2 ...they havnt given anything apart from the con of NaoH ..the question asks us 2 prepare solutionsof an appropriate range of con
can u repost the qp plz, ur point is valid